Other teams for Stunty Cup?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Other teams for Stunty Cup?

Post by Quermitt »

Imho the Underworld team without skaven is just not playable. Might be me though ...

As far as I can see, the Underworld team as it is is a mixture of the lesser parts of two other teams. I mean, they lack the gutter runners that give skaven their edge and on top of that they only have one troll and no secret weapons from the goblin team roster!

I have seen Underworld teams in action before and I would never ever judge taking away their skaven players in order for them to become stunty teams. I have seen full squad Underworld teams being played by good coaches and getting soundly trashed by halfling teams!

The only team I could honestly come up with as a worse team than a skaven-less Underworld team would be an all snots team. And that even has me doubting ...

Therefore we actually allow Underworld teams as stunty teams, period. Both for the Belgian Championship as well as for the Belgian Challenger Cup. I'll come back on this topic after the Belgian Championship (though I doubt there will be anybody crazy enough to come and play Underworld) and after the Goblin Slaughterfest (where we do normally see a lot of stunty teams and who adapted the same rules as the BC and BCC ...).

I'm a big fan of all-skink teams, but also doubt that they are in the same league as the other stunties such as goblins, halflings and ogres. You might be able to do a lot more with the skinky boys than with the other ones. Losing the throw team-mate option is there, admitted, but you do get a lot of players that are a LOT faster than your average stunty player!

Would have loved to see the face of the guy that faced the dark elf team with Horkon and two assassins!!! :D

Cheers!

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I disagree that normal Underworld teams are as "bad" as normal stunty teams - sounds more like bad coaching to me. Underworld teams with Skaven are definetly tier 2.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

In a league setting i would agree with Underworld being Tier2, the easy access to mutations makes the difference.

In a tournament i would not agree, the lack of (stackable) skills makes it hard for them. If you compare them to a Goblin team, Underworld loses a Troll and the secret weapons (esp. Fanatic/Chainsaw) in exchange for 6 Skaven players (Stormvermin are great, Throwers OK, but lack the running skills, Linerats need skills to be effektive). Hardly a tier better than Gobbos.

If you give the Underworld 4 to 6 extra starting skills they make a decent tournament team.

Underworld for stunty cup?
Well, if you disallow the Skaven, it's not more than a bad Gobbo team. I'd wonder if anybody would take them, only benefit would be the mutations access and yes, Gobbos with extra arms or two heads are nice, but hardly make up for the loss of the Troll and secret weapons. Dungeonbowl does allow the Skaven players, but requires 12+ Gobbos in the team at TV 105 to compete for stunty cup, which is a good compromise i guess. It leaves 250k room over the base 13 Players/3 RRs, so you could either bring 2 Blitzer and 1 Thrower into the mix or get some stars, Fezglitch and Nobbla for example or a mix like Skitter+1 Blitzer.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Quermitt wrote:Imho the Underworld team without skaven is just not playable. Might be me though ...
Not sure about not playable, but normal gobbo's with secret weapons are more fun than mutation access can make up for IMO.
Quermitt wrote:Therefore we actually allow Underworld teams as stunty teams, period. Both for the Belgian Championship as well as for the Belgian Challenger Cup. I'll come back on this topic after the Belgian Championship (though I doubt there will be anybody crazy enough to come and play Underworld) and after the Goblin Slaughterfest (where we do normally see a lot of stunty teams and who adapted the same rules as the BC and BCC ...).
I think you'll come back on that one. The biggest benefit the skaven bring compared to other stunties is block access and I think that's huge in a stunty game. I'll try to get to both tournies and show ya ;)

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!