GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Re: GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

Post by cyagen »

That could be a mixed team.

1 Witch and 1 warlock Elf

2 male, 2 female blitzers

1 mal and 1 female runner and assasin.

3 male, 3 female lino.

I will see how the team evolve, but that could be an option.

Reason: ''
Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

cyagen wrote:1 Witch and 1 warlock Elf
Agree with everything except this - all the DE fluff (WFB AND BB) points to WEs being all-female.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

I love all the nwe stuff Im seeing from you and cant wait for it all to be released. One minor critisism is the loin cloth on the blitzers. Im not convinced they should should be there. But personally i don't like any materials flapping about.

I love the skull masks though, It reminds me of Tuern Redvenom.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Having looked at it more, lose the middle version - the facemask is to "Pro Elf"-looking.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

TheDoctor wrote:
necrosis wrote:we have two gw style dark elf teams already, just people don't like the figures so much
Are you talking about 2nd ed. and 3rd ed. or did I miss something?
yeah i don't see the cyanide dark elves as much different from the 2nd and 3rd edition blood bowl figures.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Do like a lot.

I agree on the mixed team (I think it is an excellent idea) and on losing the loincloth, or at least remodeling the area.

My second thought when I saw it (after Awesome!) was that he will trip when he runs on his kilt thingy.

- Piousman

Oakwolf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oakwolf »

robsoma wrote:I think the computer game got the look of all the teams pretty spot on, I just wish we had a miniature representation of what is in the computer game :-(
That's true except i prefer some of Greebo's sylvanias to the wood elves in that game.

Dark elves in the computer game though, are totally spot on at some veterancy. Witch elves at "veteran level" (by the time they get 6spp) are splendidly provocative, while blitzers and runners get quite frightening by star player level (30spp).

While GW style dark elf miniatures have been produced, nothing comes close to the computer game's quality.

Papa C
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Papa C »

Can I just throw in another vote for a not-all-female team? My wife already teases me for having such a "childish" hobby, I don't need to give her any more fuel :-?

And I completely agree that the look of the computer game really is spot on for most teams - medieval fantasy, brutal, yet clearly out to play a sport. If you keep that in mind you can't go wrong (I'm not suggesting you rip off Cyanide by the way)

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

the masks are awesome, the loincloth looks like a homie with his pants around his knees :)

Greebo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Greebo »

Here Lineman.

Lorenzo "Greebo" Giusti
www.greebo-games.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Seeing it shaded makes #2 look better, but I still think it's to close to what the Elfs are wearing.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1100038

ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

My vote goes for number two. I think the mask adds something.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Looks good. I even like the mask. Though I would do more vertical type grills on it.

How about helmets on the linemen. I always imagined them with more rounded helmets, maybe only a little elongated (like the shadow elves?)

- Piousman

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

i am starting to really like these, i preferred the skull mask though.

a couple of points

- groin protection looks a little funny, could be that it is just a different colour
- love the shoulder guards, very different but still practical, I think a model doing a shoulder charge could be awesome
- shin guards and knee guards, they seem a little dicky, maybe the shin guards are too big/cumbersome
- foot armour - not sure about that, seems a little cumbersome to be an elf thing

I do really like the armoured shoulders, thighs and shins but missing a heavy breastplate, to me that shows that they arnt a 'head on' attack team (like orcs) they are a side on, shoulder charge, spin and move on sort of team, it helps give them a dynamic feel.

TheDoctor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDoctor »

Both linemen look just great to me. :)
Piousman wrote:How about helmets on the linemen.
Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. The long (white) hair is THE dark elf trademark and hiding it under a helmet would definitely take away some of their flavour. In fact, it's the helmets that make me hate the 3rd ed. GW DE minis. Makes them look rather ridiculous than intimidating.
As Mango pointed out, these guys won't just ram their heads into their opponents but rather put out their elbows while dodging around them. :wink: