Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Shteve0 »

yggdrasil wrote:Hello all, this is my first thread here so please be gentle. 8)
I've never seen these before. They look brilliant - your paint job is terrific. Not flawless, but really charachterful. Kudos to you - I need to get a set!

Thanks for putting me on to them!

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Incoming PM to shtev0 :D

I have to say you minis look fantastic and the free hand is excellent. Keep it up.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

bound for glory wrote:the hirst arts tiles are what i had in mind. they would look great, imo. the price is kinda high, tho. in the end i'll do it with left over card board and whatever else is on hand. done over a weekend. :D
This is the same reason I've never bought any. I've not found a project yet that I couldn't carve something comparable out of rigid insulation board (pink foam). As a matter of fact...that would be the perfect way to do a quick project like this.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks for all the kind comments! :D

I do have some foamboard lying around that is probably similar to the pink foam mentioned, but other than work required, the main reason I want to keep the tiles themselves only minimally 3D is so that I can carry them around in a backpack full of miniatures (I bicycle) without too much annoyance. The thicker the pieces would get, the more space they'd take up in the bag and the harder it would be to carry them around (I plan to have quite a few dungeon tiles).

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Minimalist. :wink:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Indeed.
nazgob wrote: 3D teleporter pads and cases shouldn't be an issue. Impact do some great chests.
I've looked at the Impact website, which is awesome, but couldn't find any chests. I expected them to be somewhere in the Accessories section, but no luck - any chance of a link or directions?

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! I would not have thought to look there for some reason.

But wowzer... £24 for six chests? I'll have to look for cheaper alternatives, even though they look very good.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Black cat bases do loads of tid bits for dungeons and such, try these on for size=
'Warp portals'= http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main ... ts_id=2862
Have a decent browse they do tones of stuff.

Reaper have a nice selection of treasure chests as well= http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/tr ... est/latest

Edit, just found some from crocodile games (great guys everyone should check them out) if you don't mind an egypt theme=

You could all ways file the scarab off of this one= https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/it ... 2&catID=23

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/it ... 0&catID=23

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks for the suggestions! The warp portals are extremely cool, my only issue with them would be that you're supposed to be able to stand models on top of the teleporters which might be hard with these guys.

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

For the warp token use a base with water effects on it for a Stargate look. :)

I will see if I can't find one I did.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Cool! I think I might start out by trying to just make a raised "lip" for the standard teleporter tokens and see how that goes.

Also, I won a set of 2nd ed Goblins from ebay a few days ago, which means I can retire my unpainted warhammer conversions and use proper models for the Grim Reapers, which makes me happy. :orc:

Edit: I might actually see if I can sculpt my own chests out of modeling clay... that would certainly be the most cost-effective method and might not be that much work.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Since I haven't posted any pics since the beginning, here is a WIP blitzer and werewolf.

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

Nice conversion on the werewolf.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! More progress has now been made on the Forgers. Here is the finished werewolf, a couple of halflings, and my first homemade chest. :)