Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SetzerGabbz
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by SetzerGabbz »

Oh, very cool. I think I just got an idea involving a trapdoor token you can slide smaller trap tokens into to randomize stuff.

I did up some cool teleporter tokens today. I took a square of cardboard, cut a circle the size of a base into it, laid it over another square then painted it up. I'll throw up some pictures tomorrow of them. They have a nice almost 3D effect to them (not to hijack your thread or anything :lol: ).

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! I really like your description of the teleporter token, because I've wanted to make some of these too. I started with basically the same process as you, but I could never quite get satisfied with them, so I'm trying some different things now. So I'd love to see what you come up with!

SetzerGabbz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SetzerGabbz »

I'll try and post them up whenever I get time. I just started a new job, and I need to borrow a camera off someone. Also been experimenting with doing the higher floors, and I'm kind of happy with how they came out. Gonna test some different stuff, and figure out how I'm gonna do statues, pillars, and stuff like that.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Ambition, I like that! :wink:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Although it was not my intention to make this thread into a combined miniatures/house rules thread, it seems to make sense to keep both the models and the rules for the project in one place. As such, here is part three of our house rule set, regarding multi-level dungeons.

PART THREE: MULTI-LEVEL DUNGEONS

One of the most entertaining things about Dungeonbowl is that you can create a new dungeon every time you play. Normally everything in a dungeon is arranged on the same level, but it is also possible to make terrain that functions on several different levels of altitude.
Normally, different levels will be represented by platforms around the dungeon that are only accessible via stairs. There may be passages underneath these platforms to create tunnels and alcoves. The following rules apply to multi-level dungeon terrain.

Platforms
The platforms themselves are treated just like normal squares for the purposes of movement. However, any square that is raised off the ground level (or any lower level) by more than the height of a human player counts as an elevated square. The following rules relate to how elevated squares interact with ground squares.
Falling: Any player that moves off an elevated square and onto the ground, either voluntarily or not, is knocked down in the square they move onto. If the square they land on is occupied by a player, that player is knocked down too. Both of these knockdown types require an armour roll to avoid injury. Roll for scatter to place the falling player afterwards. If the falling player is a big guy and the target is either Stunty or Titchy, the target is automatically injured and removed from the dungeon. Conversely, a falling Stunty or Titchy player does not knock down a big guy if they land on them.
Passing: Throwing the ball up a level gives a -1 to the throwing roll, and throwing it down a level adds a +1. Whenever the ball scatters off an elevated square and onto the ground, it bounces one extra time if it does not land on a player.
Other Interactions: Players on a platform may not interact with players on the ground by blocking, handing off the ball, attacking with a secret weapon or anything similar - only throwing the ball (or a bomb, or a player) up and down levels is allowed, provided there is line of sight. A bomb or an exploding chest only effects players on the same level that the explosion takes place on. Furthermore, if the presence of platforms creates passages underneath them on lower levels, only players that can physically fit into those spaces may move into them.

Stairs and Ladders
Platforms must be accessed via stairs or ladders. Stairs always take the form of a number of stepped squares on the board that must be moved up and down to get to the platforms.
Climbing: A step requires two squares of movement to move onto or from. A player may also try and rush the stairs, in which case a high step may be traversed using just one point of Movement. However, that player must make a Go For It roll after each step moved onto or from in this way, falling over on a roll of 1. If the player was trying to move up the stairs, he falls over in the square he was moving from, and if he was moving down, he falls in the square he was moving to.
Pushing: A player may be pushed onto a single step as though it was a normal empty square, but an elevation of more than one step count as a wall for the purpose of being pushed into them from a lower level. Being pushed off a single step does not cause the pushed player to fall down be knocked over, but counts as being pushed into a normal square. Being pushed off two or more steps counts as falling off an elevated square.
Leaping: A player making a Leap may ignore one level of steps when leaping up or down them. Additional levels of steps may only be leaped over when moving down, and each extra step adds a -1 to the AG roll. So if a player wants to leap for three squares that includes two steps, it would be a -2 roll.
A player may also leap down an entire floor from an elevated platform to the ground. However, the distance counts as one square of movement in itself, and the falling danger adds a -1 to the AG roll. So leaping straight down from an elevated square to an adjacent ground square is a -1 roll.
(Note that all the above examples assumes that the player has the Leap skill. Without the skill, an additional -1 is added to all the rolls.)
Ladders: Ladders may be used to climb up and down walls when there are no steps. Ladders are divided into squares by their rungs, and each square should be approximately the same size as a board square. To climb up a ladder, a player must use a number of movement points equal to the number of squares on the ladder. For example, if a player wishes to move up from a ground square to an elevated square using a ladder with three squares, it would use up three squares of movement to do so. Ladders cannot be partially climbed - if a player is not able or willing to use all the movement required, the ladder cannot be used.

Also, in addition to the above, I made up the following three Dungeonbowl-specific skills that I will suggest to my opponent next time we play. Any good? The first two relate to chests and teleporters, and the last one to the above multi-level dungeon rules.

Brace (General Skill). When this player is knocked down due to being adjacent to an exploding effect, such as an exploding chest or a thrown bomb, he does not have to make an armour roll and is never injured.

Sixth Sense (General Skill). When this player steps onto a teleporter during his activation, he may roll two dice and choose which result will be used for the teleportation.

Acrobatics (Agility Skill). When this player is pushed into a pit or off an elevated platform, they may make an unmodified AG roll to remain on their feet after the push rather than being knocked down and making an armour roll. Furthermore, the player ignores the -1 modifier to leap from a platform to the ground, and automatically passes Go For It rolls caused by rushing a set of stairs.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Regarding teleporters, we allow coaches to leave their players on the ports if they wish, but should any other player (friend or foe) teleport to that pad, the player standing there is dead (if you're tracking injuries), regardless of where they are "bounced" to.

Best we managed was 3 kills from a single teleport "action".

One day, I really should write down our various rule sets, especially the one that uses WHQ Event cards (now that was bloody!).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Automatically killing players on teleporters seems quite brutal indeed. And event cards sounds epic!

In preparation for the Celestial Comets team further down the line, I've tried converting a plastic elf into a high elf with lots of armour. I am quite happy with the result so far, which looks like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

That is along the lines of what I always believed a high elf team should look like.

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
Master Wang
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Master Wang »

A team of high elves looking like that would be great. I'm really not a fan of any of the elf options out there other than the old GW 2nd ed. ones.

Thank you for those words of wisdom Master Wang.
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Master Wang wrote:A team of high elves looking like that would be great. I'm really not a fan of any of the elf options out there other than the old GW 2nd ed. ones.
Same here, Jes Goodwin's elves are the only ones worth looking at in my view. The plastics I tend to work with for this project are a bit crude, but still better than the 3rd edition elves I think (they have small hands, for one). I'm painting up the high elf prototype above just now, will post when finished.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:(...) I've tried converting a plastic elf into a high elf with lots of armour. I am quite happy with the result so far, which looks like this.
Looks very cool!
Keep 'em coming!
:)

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thank you! The model is now painted, and looks like this. He will have at least one sibling, but most of the team will consist of the normal-looking plastics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Looks very nice.

And I think it works well as a Dark Elf also.

- Piousman

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks, and true, the fact that it's a dark elf helm gives him a dark. scowly look, and since he doesn't have the trademark traits of either high (scale mail) or dark (helmet feather thing) elves, he could go either way. To me, he's just an elf with an attitude.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

The latest progress on this project has been made on the Green Destroyers team, the majority of which currently looks as follows (see attachment). Just a few more goblinoid players to go.