Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by yggdrasil »

Also, I made some new teleporter tokens, intended to look good alongside the trap tokens, so I based them on the same template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Another cool team, congrats!
:)
I recognise most minis except the troll and the body with the gobbo head.
Where did those came from?

A.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! :D The gobbo head guy (who is meant to be a hobgobbo) is based on some sort of empire trooper body, not sure which one though, with a gobbo head and gobbo arms. Very simple conversion. The troll is a plastic ogre bull body, with a black orc standard top for a head, and scratch-sculpted arms.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Thanks!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Some more progress, on the Grey Shadows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Absolutely love your stuff yggdrasil!

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

You know what you should reeeeelly do Ygg?

A game report with those great looking teams and dungeon of yours!
It ain't right just teasing us over and over again with all that cool stuff, and not letting us see them in real action!
:D

(...)
At least think about it?
:roll:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Axtklinge wrote::)
You know what you should reeeeelly do Ygg?

A game report with those great looking teams and dungeon of yours!
It ain't right just teasing us over and over again with all that cool stuff, and not letting us see them in real action!
That's a great idea! Thanks!

I haven't done such a report before though, so I'm not sure exactly what it would entail. Turn-by-turn maps might be a bit excessive.

I can do a very quick report of the last game I played, which was this past wednesday. I took a couple of pictures, one of which I've attached here. This is all from memory so some of the details are a bit fuzzy.

The match was the Grey Shadows versus the Green Destroyers, since those were my most recently painted teams, and they had faced off once before. At my request, we made it a three-ball game, meaning that three of the chests contained balls and the other three were explosive.

The Shadows got the first turn and rumbled out their end zone. Most of the team moved up the centre of the dungeon, but the ogre, who had stayed behind for a turn due to Bone-head, decided to start teleporting. His first teleport landed him in a distant location, so he teleported again, and got lost in space! Terrible blow for the Shadows side.

For the Destroyers, their troll was stupid for a turn too, and they also rumbled along. The Shadows were slightly faster, and managed to get the first ball from a chest. They got it on an elevated platform in the centre of the dungeon, but my orc blockers were clogging up their way to my end zone. However, foolishly I had ignored a snotling who had snuck around my line, and an exciting pass from a chaos thrower was caught by the snotling who then went towards my end zone with no chance of me catching him.

By this time, I had a couple of orc blitzers who had teleported onto the same teleporter from the dug-out. Some of my orc linemen had got a ball and passed it from a high ledge down to one of the waiting blitzers. The bulk of the Shadows were engaged elsewhere, so the blitzer went towards their end zone. The snotling with the ball scored against me, but my blitzer then scored a few turns later, making it 1-1 with one ball left.

I'm not entirely sure what happened with the last ball, but at the climax of the game, the Shadows had possession of it again in the centre of the dungeon. Amazingly, I fell for the same trick again, and a thrower passed the ball over my line to a snotling. The snotling failed to catch it this time though, which gave me time to pull back a thrower and a blocker to whack him good and send him off as a casualty. My thrower grabbed the ball, but by this time the Shadows had the numerical advantage in the centre thanks to having pushed some of my guys into fire pits, and they were barrelling down towards him. The thrower managed to get rid of the ball just in time by chucking it to a hobgoblin who had hurled himself off a ledge the turn before to act as the catcher. The pass was complete, but the hob had to stand up from prone that turn to catch, so he was unable to get out of the way so a chaos warrior whacked him and took the ball back. He handed it over to a chaos lineman who ran past my thrower, blitzing him good on the way, and ran in for the final touchdown.

So a very nice game overall, with lots of passing which is quite unusual for us.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Here is another picture, which is blurry but gives a better overview of the dungeon layout. You can see the big fight in the middle, with the lone snotling soloing it behind the orc lines.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

And here is a closeup of the last two models finished for the Destroyers team, two hobgoblins with blitzing-style masks and their lineman buddy.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

That's a nice report!
The 3 ball idea it's actually a quite nice one since it induces the teams to spread out.
Gotta try that out!

I was surprised by how dynamic the game sounded with all those passes and ball changing hands quite fast.
You mention you dont usually pass that often ( and that's understandable in dungeon environments), and I wonder if that's not still a result of the "3-ball-spreading-teams" effect somehow.
Or have you currently used the 3 balls with different results?

How do you work out the "upper passage" in rules terms?
Can you jump down from it (and up)?
Can you pass to and from it?

Kudos for that bunch of interesting ideas you've got there!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks for the comments! I asked my opponent what he thought of the passing, and he said that he thought it was because the dungeon layout had a relatively open space in the centre where the two teams clashed, much like in normal BB, so it made sense and was possible to pass the ball due to the openness. In previous games, we have had more narrow passages, where getting a thrower and a catcher into position has been difficult. I also think the fact that players were spread out more, looking for multiple balls in different chests, gave more passing opportunities.

Since you ask about the rules for multi-levels, here is what we have been playing by so far in full.

MULTI-LEVEL DUNGEONS

One of the most entertaining things about Dungeonbowl is that you can create a new dungeon every time you play. Normally everything in a dungeon is arranged on the same level, but it is also possible to make terrain that functions on several different levels of altitude.
Normally, different levels will be represented by platforms around the dungeon that are only accessible via stairs and ladders (or teleporters). There may be passages underneath these platforms to create tunnels and alcoves. The following rules apply to multi-level dungeon terrain.

Platforms
The platforms themselves are treated just like normal squares for the purposes of movement. However, any square that is raised off the ground level (or any lower level) by more than the height of a human player counts as an elevated square. The following rules relate to how elevated squares interact with ground squares.
Falling: Any player that moves off an elevated square and onto the ground, either voluntarily or not, is knocked down in the square they move onto. If the square they land on is occupied by a player, that player is knocked down too. Both of these knockdown types require an armour roll to avoid injury. Roll for scatter to place the falling player afterwards. If the falling player is a big guy and the target is either Stunty or Titchy, the target is automatically injured and removed from the dungeon. Conversely, a falling Stunty or Titchy player does not knock down a big guy if they land on them.
Passing: Throwing the ball up a level gives a -1 to the throwing roll, and throwing it down a level adds a +1. Whenever the ball scatters off an elevated square and onto the ground, it bounces one extra time if it does not land on a player.
Other Interactions: Players on a platform may not interact with players on the ground by blocking, handing off the ball, attacking with a secret weapon or anything similar - only throwing the ball (or a bomb, or a player) up and down levels is allowed, provided there is line of sight. A bomb or an exploding chest only effects players on the same level that the explosion takes place on. Furthermore, if the presence of platforms creates passages underneath them on lower levels, only players that can physically fit into those spaces may move into them.

Stairs and Ladders
Platforms will normally be accessed via stairs or ladders. Stairs always take the form of a number of stepped squares on the board that must be moved up and down to get to the platforms.
Climbing: A step requires two squares of movement to move onto or down from. A player may also try and rush the stairs, in which case a high step may be traversed using just one point of Movement. However, that player must make a Go For It roll after each step moved onto or from in this way, falling over on a roll of 1. If the player was trying to move up the stairs, he falls over in the square he was moving from, and if he was moving down, he falls in the square he was moving to.
Leaping: A player making a Leap may ignore one level of steps when leaping up or down them. Additional levels of steps may only be leaped over when moving down, and each extra step adds a -1 to the AG roll. So if a player wants to leap for three squares that includes two steps, it would be a -2 roll.
A player may also leap down an entire floor from an elevated platform to the ground. However, the distance counts as one square of movement in itself, and the falling danger adds a -1 to the AG roll. So leaping straight down from an elevated square to an adjacent ground square is a -1 roll.
Ladders: Ladders may be used to climb up and down walls when there are no steps. Ladders are divided into squares by their rungs, and each square should be approximately the same size as a board square. To climb up a ladder, a player must use a number of movement points equal to the number of rungs on the ladder. For example, if a player wishes to move up from a ground square to an elevated square using a ladder with three rungs, it would use up three squares of movement to do so. Ladders cannot be partially climbed - if a player is not able or willing to use all the movement required, the ladder cannot be used.
Other Interactions: The first level of step separated from any surface counts as being on the same level as that surface in all respects. Second and additional levels counts as separate platforms and follows the rules above.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

I just noticed that I already posted those rules above on the previous page. Sorry about that.

However, here is a full team shot of my latest darlings, the Blood Axes.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Dammit...gonna have to get around to painting my own Blood Axes team soon. Hed them ready to go for about eighteen months now...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:I just noticed that I already posted those rules above on the previous page. Sorry about that. (...)
My bad.
As I was reading them I was feeling they sounded familiar...
Sure they did, I had read them in this same thread!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Congrats for another great team!
:D