Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by anc001 »

hey guys, check out the latest issue of Bl!tz magazine, it has lots of dungeon bowl stuff, including pictures of my hirst arts dungeon that took 2 years to make (dont ask how much it cost!), it has a few pages about the dungeon layouts used in Adelaide Dungeon Bowl Cup 2012 and an absolutely fantastic game report from the grand final by chief editor Sinisterdexter.

its probably posted here in the news section, or visit www.ausbowl.com

about to start work on the next level of the grand dungeon.

good luck out there and may every chest you open contain a ball!

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

It's been a while since I posted here, but the project is still ongoing, so here are a few new shots of finished teams. I am very glad to see that the imbedded images are working again, since that was the reason I stopped posting here last time.

Black Widows:

Grey Shadows:

And here is a shot of a game in progress:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

For good measure, a few more shots - closeups of the death elves from the Widows team, and some models from the currently in progress Storm Bolts team.

ImageImageImage

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

anc001 wrote:hey guys, check out the latest issue of Bl!tz magazine, it has lots of dungeon bowl stuff, including pictures of my hirst arts dungeon that took 2 years to make (dont ask how much it cost!), it has a few pages about the dungeon layouts used in Adelaide Dungeon Bowl Cup 2012 and an absolutely fantastic game report from the grand final by chief editor Sinisterdexter.
Thanks for the tip. If you are still reading this, I have a question: On page 15, there is a picture of a slann team. I think it looks totally amazing, and I feel like I've seen the sculpts before, but I can't remember where. Any chance of letting me know who it is that produces them?

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I don't think we're allowed to say (they're by Gaspez).

I don't know how I had missed this thread before. Love everything in it.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Great looking new teams, congrats!

I suppose I've already mentioned it but your dungeon looks amazing.
:D

axiom

Post by axiom »

As I said on Warseer, I do love that Skaven Kicker ;)

I also didn't say that the DE conversions look great, annoyingly similar to a prototype I've started and not finished - now folks will just claim I copied you, but it's a case of parallel evolution :lol:

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks Gaxio and axiom! ! I know that situation when someone else posts an idea that you were working on yourself, so frustrating. ;)

Thanks to Axtklinge too, the dungeon is really fun to work on and play in, I keep getting new ideas for tiles I could build for it. I can't remember if I posted pics of the lava tiles I did before, so here they are again in case I didn't.

Here is an old team that I just finished the last model for a few minutes ago.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

One of the last teams to get started on is the Harlequins, but at last, they're underway too. So far just a few are ready, but painting them is actually quite a fun challenge.

Image Image

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Here's a question that I'm sure someone around here knows the answer to, since we've got probably the most dedicated Blood Bowl fans in the world posting here, unless I am much mistaken.

The current version of the Dungeonbowl 3rd ed white dwarf article on the GW website says copyright 2002, but I feel pretty sure that these rules were first printed in WD in the mid-90's alongside the 3rd edition BB release. If anyone knows what issue of WD they were originally printed in, and what year that was, that would be mighty helpful.

Edit: Found the WD issue, apparently it was issue 225 from 1998. Thanks boardgamegeek!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Does anyone know if it would be considered uncool and cease-and-desist inviting to scan the pages of the 1989 dungeonbowl rulebook and put them up online? It seems to be like it should be OK since all the rules that matter are replicated in the article that is available to download from the GW site, but I don't have any experience with this kind of thing.

barnacle111
Veteran
Veteran

Dungeonbowl Project

Post by barnacle111 »

I like the harlequin scheme ... Maybe stealing that if you don't mind Yggdrasil.

For something completely diffferent and non bloodbowl... www.tomandcath.com
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

I don't mind at all, since I myself copied it from the dungeonbowl rainbow college team colours shown on the box. :)

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Yay for new models finished. I'm not quite as happy with the second armoured elf as with the first one, but good enough I say.

Image Image

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

This keeps getting better and better.
I wish I could drag my league crew into Dungeonbowl, just for the kicks or diving into 'dungeon making'!

Back to the subject...
Love the harlequin stuff!
They look so cool I nearly didn't recognize the witch with that paint scheme (despite having 'glued' one less then a month ago).

Oh, and that team with the orcs, and ogre, has this two guys with a 'golden' (?) mask that look awsome!
Do you have photos of the greens?
:D

You really should have a blog just dedicated to this DB stuff.
It hugely inspiring.
Thanks!