For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by TheDoc »

fatfinley wrote:Things to change? The wizard

You have never played Vamps vs Chaos. You take Chaney, apothecary, babes and mercs. The wizard is 5th choice. Yeah you'll knock the Chaos over you won't hurt them and then the chaos get back up and kick you to hell and back.

Take all you need to survive!

Reason: ''
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Yeah, you make a good point... I just like making sure I can knock down the ball carrier and keep them from breaking away from me.
Definitely depends on the team you go against though.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Great episode... the rant at the end of the Khorne segment was goddamn inspiring. "The fluff should lift the game up, not drag it down" <-- so true!

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

siggyllama wrote:Great episode... the rant at the end of the Khorne segment was goddamn inspiring. "The fluff should lift the game up, not drag it down" <-- so true!
Thanks! It came from me being dumbfounded at the response to Khorne. Why hate something? Just change it to fit.
There are so many ways to do it.
That's the fun of fluff.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

I find myself agreeing with Scott Prime each episode on something. I hate that! :wink:

Overall I like base rings for skill marking. Too many base rings however are not only distracting but look weird from that visual point.

With that said, marking players with Guard and other skills that need that at-a-glance indication is a good idea.

But I hate when I see someone's team with 10 different rings, mostly consisting of different colors. While I care who your kicker or leader is, it's not important enough for me to remember another color's meaning.

On a related note... a nice sportsmanship trick from two bashy teams..... use the same color rings to show who has Guard! Please!

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I'm going time have to steal 'Hürtz Donut' for a future project, or should I post this in the other thread..... SO CONFUSED!

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Jonny_P wrote:I find myself agreeing with Scott Prime each episode on something. I hate that! :wink:
What are we agreeing on now?

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

Marking skills on models and naming players. 8)

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Jonny_P wrote:(...) Too many base rings however are not only distracting but look weird from that visual point.
+1 on that!

Jonny_P wrote: (...) But I hate when I see someone's team with 10 different rings, mostly consisting of different colors. (...)
Sure thing!
They might as well not have any rings at all.
If there's any purpose on the rings is to make it easy to tell what matters apart, not to confuse even more your opponent...

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

Axtklinge wrote:
Jonny_P wrote:(...) Too many base rings however are not only distracting but look weird from that visual point.
+1 on that!

Jonny_P wrote: (...) But I hate when I see someone's team with 10 different rings, mostly consisting of different colors. (...)
Sure thing!
They might as well not have any rings at all.
If there's any purpose on the rings is to make it easy to tell what matters apart, not to confuse even more your opponent...
it seems that usually our league marks one or two skills, guard or tackle, and the rest of the skills are low priority. One or two colors aren't bad, but it can get a little overwhelming

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Brand new episode!

Both Down Episode 13 – ‘Up Where We Belong’ – Steve and Scott have returned to your favorite Blood Bowl Podcast. In this episode we take a look at the Fantasy Flight game Blood Bowl Team Manager and have an amazing interview with Fantasy Flight lead designer Jay Little. Plus we go over all the fun from the Nuffleween tournament. All the excitement and fun as always and just in time for Thanksgiving, be thankful Steve and Scott have returned!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Instant Replay – 6:27
Behind the Fluff w/Jay Little – 27:37
Tournament Talk – 1:16:28
Shout Outs – 1:55:27

http://bothdown.com/

Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Kilowog2814 wrote:Both Down Episode 13 – ‘Up Where We Belong’ – Steve and Scott have returned FROM your favorite Blood Bowl Podcast.
Fixed this for you. :)

Looking forward to listening as always! The world just seems back to normal now...

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

SunDevil wrote:The world just seems back to normal now...
Yes it does... At least until I change things up next month BWAHAHAHAHA

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 14 – Baby It’s Cold Outside – Both Down turns 1 year old this month, Happy Birthday to us! It is also the holiday season so what better way to enjoy this time of year than grabbing some egg nog and huddle the family around the computer to listen to the friendly rambling of Steve and Scott. This episode we cover Blood Bowl Christmas Past, Present(s) and Future; plus a plethora of many other random tangents. Merry Christmas Both Down fans!

Episode Breakdown by time:

The Past – 15:10
The Present(s) – 57:50
The Future – 1:20:20
Shout Outs – 1:49:25

http://bothdown.com/

Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Got some holiday driving ahead of me and podcasts are perfect to listen to during those hours. Almost like having a friend along for the ride!

Happy Holidays to Scott, Steve and both your families!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!