Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by txapo »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
I personally strongly dislike the Flexible Funding method of Indiegogo. It offers all the risk to the person making the pledge with no upsides at all. Had Necrom Studio done this project as a Fixed Funding campaign for say $1000 if they were certain they were making the team no matter what ... that would have been a better designed campaign.
Well that's the point and you are right, it would have been better for him doing like that as Necrom Studio has just declared in our forum that he has some financial suport for his desing and he will be doing the miniatures anyway. So consider it a Fixed Funding as he has declared he will not be retreating from the project regadless of the outcome of this campaign.

As well looks like he is planning to offer more stuff to the suporters of this campaign as he thinks that could help the campaign going better.

Reason: ''
Kypt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kypt »

Unfortunately (like others) christmas kicked my ass. I'll be pledging in about 2 weeks or so as my wife really loved the look of the team and wants it for her first real bb team.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Could we separate the fixed funding v flexible funding debate to another thread? It's a discussion i'd like to take part in without diluting the purpose of this thread. Ta.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I actually just noticed that because of how long this has left it will actually be possible to contribute with the end of January wages for some folks. I might pledge for a mini just for painting exercise at that stage. :)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Mephisto wrote:I don't know what has happened in the last years, but guys...

we are being presented with new products to increase (and improve) the current range available to us, and instead of being supportive there is an exaggerated aggresivity towards smaller firms/sculptors and to a certain extent to Spanish people. I don't understand why. Here is a guy who is putting a lot of effort, money, and time into a great project and instead of pushing him to continue with his good work, people are only criticing.

And come on, this guy has done some previous nice work like the orc team and I don't know of anyone who has ordered one and then not gotten it... so please... if you are not interested do not pledge. If you have some constructive comments, post them. But if you just want to troll around, I think the warhammer forums are best suited than this community.
Crowd funding asks a lot of the customer so I think the community has every right to be wary of them. All we have to go on is some computer images and no guarantee that the models will be produced. There are lots of other models Bloodbowl or otherwise competing for our cash and most of those we can see beforehand and won't have to wait months for. So I am not surprised about the lack of enthusiasm.

Also this team is expensive, a team of 12 costs double what the GW amazons are. So if you are going to ask those kind of prices of us I'd want to see at least a couple of the actual models. 3D printing does allow all kinds of poses you couldn't manage with the traditional techniques but BB models come in for more abuse than other gaming models so can't bee too fragile or unstable. It's much harder to tell from the images how the models would look on the pitch.

The jokes early in the thread were justified too as the proportions were pretty ridiculous and the models still look a bit out of proportion. My main issue is with the faces which look a bit crude and goofy, the noses in particular look off.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
kaditx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kaditx »

spubbbba wrote:All we have to go on is some computer images and no guarantee that the models will be produced. There are lots of other models Bloodbowl or otherwise competing for our cash and most of those we can see beforehand and won't have to wait months for.
Take in consideration that those computer images aren't easy to do, there is a lot of work behind that. That image is like an original sculpt. I understand the point of view of the community, but is good to take some things in consideration before speaking.
spubbbba, in general I agree with you, I think this lack of enthusiasm is a bit linked with the fear of the flexible founding but there are many comments in this topic which are not very polite. It's not funny to read that you are going to disappear with the money when you are the first interested in your miniatures and in your project. (I'm sorry, my english is not good enough to explain it better...)

Regards.

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

spubbbba wrote:
Mephisto wrote:I don't know what has happened in the last years, but guys...

we are being presented with new products to increase (and improve) the current range available to us, and instead of being supportive there is an exaggerated aggresivity towards smaller firms/sculptors and to a certain extent to Spanish people. I don't understand why. Here is a guy who is putting a lot of effort, money, and time into a great project and instead of pushing him to continue with his good work, people are only criticing.

And come on, this guy has done some previous nice work like the orc team and I don't know of anyone who has ordered one and then not gotten it... so please... if you are not interested do not pledge. If you have some constructive comments, post them. But if you just want to troll around, I think the warhammer forums are best suited than this community.
Crowd funding asks a lot of the customer so I think the community has every right to be wary of them. All we have to go on is some computer images and no guarantee that the models will be produced. There are lots of other models Bloodbowl or otherwise competing for our cash and most of those we can see beforehand and won't have to wait months for. So I am not surprised about the lack of enthusiasm.

Also this team is expensive, a team of 12 costs double what the GW amazons are. So if you are going to ask those kind of prices of us I'd want to see at least a couple of the actual models. 3D printing does allow all kinds of poses you couldn't manage with the traditional techniques but BB models come in for more abuse than other gaming models so can't bee too fragile or unstable. It's much harder to tell from the images how the models would look on the pitch.

The jokes early in the thread were justified too as the proportions were pretty ridiculous and the models still look a bit out of proportion. My main issue is with the faces which look a bit crude and goofy, the noses in particular look off.
From what I have read in the Spanish BB Forum, it seems that we will be able to see the first sculpt soon (thanks to the flexible funding, but I can also understand the cons of it). And that Palomares will put in some incentives to convince people to pledge.

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Argh... i just got me this Willy Chaos team and those §$§"&%$§ IndieGogo website
showed me this team as "maybe interesting for you, too"!

I didnt see the "big ones" as i guess, all the picts are now updated. But what i see now, i like! :D
Poses and details are very good. What i dont like is the price, faces and the Resin.
it's times like this I wish I wasn't "anti-resin" as a rule.. if these were pewter I'd pledge for a 14 (wo)man team..
in resin, I'm just not that interested..
I agree with this, too. But what is the chance to get such a nice Amazon-Team the next time... ?
no, because when I roll six 1s in a row I want to be able to throw a mini
at my opponent and hurt him badly, like, really badly.. duh!
Norse, in this case, just play with Greebos CDs! One hit with this heavy minis will kill.. :wink:

If i get this team i will add base weights for sure
as i did on Greebo´s Silvanias and those are metall.! :roll:

Because of the dynamic poses (which i really like!) most of those miniatures are on one foot.
As i´m more "in metall" i´m not sure how stabil this is? Ok, maybe easier to fix, but still...?

Before i will pay any money i please want to see a scale comparison
of casted/printed "Green" against a known GW mini.
So i will wait and observe... :wink:

Traveller

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

kaditx wrote:
spubbbba wrote:All we have to go on is some computer images and no guarantee that the models will be produced. There are lots of other models Bloodbowl or otherwise competing for our cash and most of those we can see beforehand and won't have to wait months for.
Take in consideration that those computer images aren't easy to do, there is a lot of work behind that. That image is like an original sculpt. I understand the point of view of the community, but is good to take some things in consideration before speaking.
spubbbba, in general I agree with you, I think this lack of enthusiasm is a bit linked with the fear of the flexible founding but there are many comments in this topic which are not very polite. It's not funny to read that you are going to disappear with the money when you are the first interested in your miniatures and in your project. (I'm sorry, my english is not good enough to explain it better...)

Regards.
As someone who has studied design I’m aware of the work and skill involved with both CAD and traditional sculpting.
My concern about computer design is that it should be used to achieve the best results not as a novelty. In some cases traditional methods will achieve better results, but of course that all depends on the artist.
In my experience computer design is wonderful for mechanical objects as it can get those perfect, but it take a lot more ability to design realistic looking organic things.
That’s where I think these images are lacking, faces are the hardest thing to get right, a small change in the eyes or mouth can completely alter the expression.

As to the crowd funding concerns, the economy is tight for pretty much everyone. The Maelstrom incident has made us even more paranoid about such things since they were a large retailer. But the question customers should always ask is “why should I part with my hard earned cash to get this instead of something else?”
There are already models we can buy right now and know exactly what they look like and these are expensive.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

spubbbba wrote:
kaditx wrote:

Regards.
As someone who has studied design I’m aware of the work and skill involved with both CAD and traditional sculpting.
My concern about computer design is that it should be used to achieve the best results not as a novelty. In some cases traditional methods will achieve better results, but of course that all depends on the artist.
In my experience computer design is wonderful for mechanical objects as it can get those perfect, but it take a lot more ability to design realistic looking organic things.
That’s where I think these images are lacking, faces are the hardest thing to get right, a small change in the eyes or mouth can completely alter the expression.

As to the crowd funding concerns, the economy is tight for pretty much everyone. The Maelstrom incident has made us even more paranoid about such things since they were a large retailer. But the question customers should always ask is “why should I part with my hard earned cash to get this instead of something else?”
There are already models we can buy right now and know exactly what they look like and these are expensive.

I agree with you. The Maelstrom issue has done a lot of damage and taking precautions is not bad. However, as Palomares has said in the Spanish BB Forum, he will soon have a first printed copy and he will be able to show a comparative soon. I'm also waiting impatiently for the pictures as the concepts look promising.

Palomares
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palomares »

Dear pledgers and TFF users,

I have good news for you. To reward those supporting my project and believing in me, I have decided to unblock the four miniatures originally planed as stretching goals. I will give them for free with each Super Pack. It is my way to thank those that have already pledged and incentivate those who are still deciding. I hereby repeat that no one should worry about her money and I got some news from the printing firm. In short I will get the first amazon printed besides the Chaos Team from Willy Miniatures. As soon as I have it I will make some pictures comparing them to GW miniatures as Traveller asked. I hope they will be finished before the campaign ends. But for now, I can tell you that they are 30mm high (28mm to the eyes).

The resin used for the miniatures is very resistent, as my customers can testify , just have a look at their comment for example:

Stompie wrote:
"This is one of those Necrom orcs. Same guy who is trying a kickstarter Amazon team. They are some of the best resin/plastic models I have seen and I think it's a privilege we have these in the hitherto isolated area of bloodbowl, er even though the style is a bit..."derivative/paying homage" to a certain major wargaming retailer's Orcs."

Can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37479&start=15

And even if they are "on one foot", I never had any problems.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Cool! I'll pledge no later than next week.

monkey d luffy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monkey d luffy »

Palomares wrote:Dear pledgers and TFF users,

I have good news for you. To reward those supporting my project and believing in me, I have decided to unblock the four miniatures originally planed as stretching goals. I will give them for free with each Super Pack. It is my way to thank those that have already pledged and incentivate those who are still deciding. I hereby repeat that no one should worry about her money and I got some news from the printing firm. In short I will get the first amazon printed besides the Chaos Team from Willy Miniatures. As soon as I have it I will make some pictures comparing them to GW miniatures as Traveller asked. I hope they will be finished before the campaign ends. But for now, I can tell you that they are 30mm high (28mm to the eyes).

+1, I like this idea

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

would be great to see the images of what those 4 extra players will look like.. 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

I'll be pledging next week for sure.