Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by Stompie »

I am not so aux fait with how Indigogo works and despite being legally trained to read contracts I don't get whether signing up to a super pack for 115 USD gets you the four stretch goal minis:

1) no matter what (assuming £5k target is met); or

2) only so far as the higher funding targets are met.

Looks like no. (2) to me. Right? Would be nice if (1).

Can't vouch for Palomares as don't know him from Adam but I did buy his orcs and thought they were great and speedily delivered. I mixed and matched with GW and Necrom heads. I made a couple of youtube vids on my personal geek channel when i got them:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DFfDLfMWQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDijvwzJwI

The white chocolate looking bits (what my wife said, looking for an after dinner snack one day) are Palomares. It's more like GW plastic than finecast. The Necrom stuff (the dark heads) whilst creative was quite badly cast, lots of flash, air bubbles and very fragile whereas the Palomares stuff was clean and finely detailed and solid, er like white GW plastic. I went a bit wild over Xmas with buying blood bowl teams and given that I paint about thirty minis a year, will be painting for three or four assuming I stick to blood bowl, so might wait till these are released... But I might not have that kind of will power. I know it's irritating for Palomares to see negativity on this thread (what was all the whacky politically correct stuff on bra size earlier - they needed to be reduced because they looked silly but the tone of some of the posts! - you'd think Palomares was single-handedly swinging the clock back to the sixties on female empowerment (has anyone seen Spartacus Vengeance: that's beyond the pale, though I still watched it and looked away during heads being cleaved off and fast forwarded through pointless bonking scenes) when by rights we should be going wild at the quality of this stuff in an area where the quality of minis was pretty awful till a couple of years ago but he does need to appreciate that on the web nobody knows who's who, people don't deliver and when they don't what are you supposed to do (was I really going to seek a winding up order or commence a debt action against Maelstrom for the thirty quid I lost on an outstanding order?) but Palomares did deliver good stuff for me in the past and I'd order from him again, if I wanted to increase the resin pile, which I don't, or don't I? That was fun. Love iPads and commuting.

Reason: ''
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Stompie wrote:I am not so aux fait with how Indigogo works and despite being legally trained to read contracts I don't get whether signing up to a super pack for 115 USD gets you the four stretch goal minis:

1) no matter what (assuming £5k target is met); or

2) only so far as the higher funding targets are met.

Looks like no. (2) to me. Right? Would be nice if (1).

Can't vouch for Palomares as don't know him from Adam but I did buy his orcs and thought they were great and speedily delivered. I mixed and matched with GW and Necrom heads. I made a couple of youtube vids on my personal geek channel when i got them:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DFfDLfMWQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDijvwzJwI

The white chocolate looking bits (what my wife said, looking for an after dinner snack one day) are Palomares. It's more like GW plastic than finecast. The Necrom stuff (the dark heads) whilst creative was quite badly cast, lots of flash, air bubbles and very fragile whereas the Palomares stuff was clean and finely detailed and solid, er like white GW plastic. I went a bit wild over Xmas with buying blood bowl teams and given that I paint about thirty minis a year, will be painting for three or four assuming I stick to blood bowl, so might wait till these are released... But I might not have that kind of will power. I know it's irritating for Palomares to see negativity on this thread (what was all the whacky politically correct stuff on bra size earlier - they needed to be reduced because they looked silly but the tone of some of the posts! - you'd think Palomares was single-handedly swinging the clock back to the sixties on female empowerment (has anyone seen Spartacus Vengeance: that's beyond the pale, though I still watched it and looked away during heads being cleaved off and fast forwarded through pointless bonking scenes) when by rights we should be going wild at the quality of this stuff in an area where the quality of minis was pretty awful till a couple of years ago but he does need to appreciate that on the web nobody knows who's who, people don't deliver and when they don't what are you supposed to do (was I really going to seek a winding up order or commence a debt action against Maelstrom for the thirty quid I lost on an outstanding order?) but Palomares did deliver good stuff for me in the past and I'd order from him again, if I wanted to increase the resin pile, which I don't, or don't I? That was fun. Love iPads and commuting.
Quite hard to read the last part :lol:

Palomares should correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that to prove and thank those believing in him and in his project, he is willing to offer more rewards for the Indiegogo pledgers, that means, that instead of having to wait till $7000 are gathered, he is going to offer the 4 extra minis to those people pledging Superlevel. Hence neither 1 nor 2 in your case. It would be 3: He is willing to give the 4 extra starplayers to Superlevel (or whatever the level is called), regardless if he reaches the $5.000.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Stompie!

Re: the anti-juggy tirades - I get your point, but I feel like gentle criticism falls well and truly on deaf ears when it comes to trying to get hold of female miniature sculpts for gaming that don't cater solely to sexually frustrated chauvinists. Like it or not, miniature lines are a good fifty years behind the civilized world when it comes to the way they portray women. I appreciate that Palomares is not the first, or even the worst, but that doesn't make him immune to criticism despite the merits of his previous (excellent) work.

Off topic a bit, your Morg conversion is glorious! What are the parts? Do you have a wip gallery anywhere?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Palomares
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palomares »

The last three linewomen have been added! the team is complete!

http://igg.me/p/279481

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I find linewoman #4 really amusing for some reason. In a good way!

Will the star players be available by themselves using the $17 pledge? I would imagine that some people might want the dark elf or dryad but not the whole team.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Gaixo wrote:I find linewoman #4 really amusing for some reason. In a good way!
I think it's the hair Gaixo, as last seen on Conan (the barbarian, not the talk show host).. :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Shteve0 wrote:Hi Stompie!

Re: the anti-juggy tirades - I get your point, but I feel like gentle criticism falls well and truly on deaf ears when it comes to trying to get hold of female miniature sculpts for gaming that don't cater solely to sexually frustrated chauvinists. Like it or not, miniature lines are a good fifty years behind the civilized world when it comes to the way they portray women. I appreciate that Palomares is not the first, or even the worst, but that doesn't make him immune to criticism despite the merits of his previous (excellent) work.

Off topic a bit, your Morg conversion is glorious! What are the parts? Do you have a wip gallery anywhere?
Hi there. You are right in all you say. I recently read some freebie 1930s Conan novel on Kindle, Queen of the Dark Coast or something, a character who was basically an early Xena warrior princess character and I was taken aback by the half page long description of the fullness of her ample boobies struggling to get out of her Amazon kit - what did that have to do with an action adventure story. Imagine an Indiana Jones novel carrying on about his crotch for half a page. So the Fantasy adventure thrilling tales genre has a long history of this. Re Morg, just a humble weapon snip with a piece of thin rolled out green stuff as a kind of leather fist wrap to cover the stump between the thumb and forefinger. No WIP. Sorry.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Paypal wouldn't let my payment go through, due to an issue with Necrom's account. No one else had a problem?

Palomares
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palomares »

Hi, I solved that problem in my account, paypal asked me some papers and already have delivered, I'm just waiting to paypal restore my account, I hope it's quick. Thank you for supporting.

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

Palomares wrote:Hi, I solved that problem in my account, paypal asked me some papers and already have delivered, I'm just waiting to paypal restore my account, I hope it's quick. Thank you for supporting.
Just tried to donate and it's still not working. :(

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
Palomares
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palomares »

Rosanna have been added! Hope you like! http://www.indiegogo.com/NSAmazonsTeam/ ... ?c=gallery

I’m waiting to Paypal restore my account, I’ll advise when you may return to continue contributing, thanks for your patience.

Heinrich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heinrich »

Nice starplayer, i like it.

When do you post some photos with a WIP miniature ?

When paypal should be ready, i'll do my order ;)

I'm waiting next starplayer.

Good job.

Palomares
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palomares »

Thanks Heinrich, sorry, but I don't like to show my miniatures before they are finished, I prefer the illusion of seeing them directly finished.

The limits removed from my Paypal account, you can continue supporting my campaign.

I'm actually working in the ogre starplayer. :)

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Wow on the chest front (s)! I have the same concerns as the others. Great sculpts, lovely poses but the girls are a little top heavy. Not to say that if they were released I wouldn't buy them (my wife may have something to say though :wink: )

Heinrich
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heinrich »

Palomares wrote:Thanks Heinrich, sorry, but I don't like to show my miniatures before they are finished, I prefer the illusion of seeing them directly finished.

The limits removed from my Paypal account, you can continue supporting my campaign.

I'm actually working in the ogre starplayer. :)
Ok i understand. No problem.

Nice for the ogre.

i'll do my order next week 8)