Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by Odium Khan »

Eh? Tits of Phil's valkyries are more ridiculous if you ask me. Honestly, I don't think these are as bad as people make them out here.

What's worse for me is that several miniatures connect to the base with 2 mm of resin at the tip of their toes, they aren't even going to last through their basecoating. Also, the asking price of the miniatures is way too high for 3D-modelled resin. Look at Impact and how they are able to press the prices by going plastic.

From the looks of the "greens" though, I think this detail beats any Impact model to date.

Reason: ''
DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Eh? Tits of Phil's valkyries are more ridiculous if you ask me. Honestly, I don't think these are as bad as people make them out here.
The tits have been drastically reduced from when the renders were first shown. They were twice the size of more, seriously. We're talking Lola Ferrari norks in the original incarnation.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Odium Khan wrote: Also, the asking price of the miniatures is way too high for 3D-modelled resin. Look at Impact and how they are able to press the prices by going plastic.
Necrom is using classic resin casting method while Impact is going with spin cast plastic (not injection moulded one). They are different techs, with different speeds of setting, mould wearing, etc which mark the costs of production. And the masters in Impact case are already paid, while the 3d ones are being printed or will be printed soon (expensive "putty").

Now, about prices in same tech, take spin cast metal... you can find miniatures going for 1.50 pounds (Warlord's 4 Celt Druids are 6 pounds) or 7.50 (Infinity's basic infantry, 1 miniature).

snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

I was wondering for sexy amazons :

Sorry but the necrom's ones look like truck drivers disguised in amazon... :wink:

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

WAAYY HAAAYYY!!!!!!

BEEEEEWWWWWWBBBBBSSSSSS!!!!!!

(Please refer to my thoughts near the start of this thread...)

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

It's funny how there never seems to be much criticism of the ridiculous caricature sculpts of the male body that are pretty much the norm for the *fantasy* football market. Constructive criticism from potential buyers leading to increased sales/support is one thing... a lot of the BS posted on this thread is quite another.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

snakees wrote:I was wondering for sexy amazons :

Sorry but the necrom's ones look like truck drivers disguised in amazon... :wink:
I'm not convinced about her feet - she appears to have hooves!

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

outcasttex wrote:
snakees wrote:I was wondering for sexy amazons :

I'm not convinced about her feet - she appears to have hooves!
She has feet?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Heff wrote:
outcasttex wrote: I'm not convinced about her feet - she appears to have hooves!
She has feet?
:lol: Reminds me of my cousin's comment watching the Olympic ladies beach volleyball:

"What? They bother keeping a score?"

(sorry, way off topic now!)

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

Images came from warhammer unoffical amazon army book :
http://battlereporter.blogspot.ch/2010/ ... -army.html
It was my first clic when I googled "amazon warhammer".

I know my arguments was not constructive at all and I apology for the person how support necrom and the work done.

It's just not the way I imagine amazon in warhammer (has an adult male who play with small toys at night)... ;)

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

As someone who would prefer a more Fantastic/non-realistic BB team, I love these models. and will probably pick some up as soon as I get a chance.

My wife has requested that I find some naked female BB models but my luck hasn't turned up much so far, aside from some shadowforge models that don't seem to be in production anymore.

"Never trust the Manlings."
RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by RogueThirteen »

Deathwing wrote:It's funny how there never seems to be much criticism of the ridiculous caricature sculpts of the male body that are pretty much the norm for the *fantasy* football market. Constructive criticism from potential buyers leading to increased sales/support is one thing... a lot of the BS posted on this thread is quite another.
These kind of rebuttals ("people express issue with some of the female sculpts and not with some of the male sclupts, so they are hypocrits") are largely just red herrings. The relevant difference, of course, is that women have been historically objectified and oppressed through systems of male privilege in just about every culture. The sorts of objectification or oppression that males experience is not even comparable. For instance, consider the poses and not just the outfits (e.g. a lot of the recent critiques of the various poses that male vs female super heroes are portrayed in, including the Avengers posters--sure male superheroes wear just as tight of outfits (sometimes) and have bodies that match cultural conceptions of beauty, but they aren't always standing in a sexually provocative or sexually suggestive position, while the female heroes often are [as an example: http://imgur.com/gallery/16yGO --NSFW-ish]. In BB terms, the Silvania elves are a good example of this--you don't see any big burly Norse blitzers bent over with their ass in the air as they bite their lip, for instance).

Other relevant differences, of course, are that this is the gaming/geek/nerd culture we are talking about, which is almost exclusively male and has had an overall terrible relationship with respecting and/or including women and often members are guilty of endorsing the problematic "Nice Guy" entitlement mindset (there are piles of interesting articles on this relationship out there, some written by men, some written by women, some from within the culture, some from without the culture, some of them academic, some of them for a lay audience--they make a really thought-provoking read). For anyone interested, regardless of which side of these sorts of debates you come up on, they would be a very worthwhile read and provide a lot of content on which to reflect.

All that being said, these particular models are far from the worst out there, and in a lot of ways they avoid some of the concerns/critiques that have been expressed over other teams (at least since the re-proportioning), or at least in my opinion.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I’m not sure if the OP will appreciate you bringing feminist theory into this thread.

Much as I dislike these models I do feel I should defend the exaggerated proportions of models somewhat. At 28mm scale you do lose quite a bit of detail. If you were to scale down men and women dressed in “realistic” Bloodbowl armour, even AV7 then it would be hard to differentiate them from each other.

To some degree you need to emphasise the greater bulk of the male form or the curves of the female. Either that or have impractical sportswear such as lots of bare skin to show the different body types or lack of helmets to show the face and hair.

I take your point about pose though, those stripper looking wood elves detract from what are pretty decent sculpts. But men and women do move and hold themselves differently, how much of that that is cultural compared to physiological is a different matter.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Now, I can completely understand if these models were in Stripper or lewd poses. Regardless of how real/unrealistic the models looked or what price, I wouldn't buy them.

These models are nicely done, with a good amount of detail, and in well done battle/action poses for a football team. If the only complaint that people have is that the chest is too large, well I can and will overlook that.

"Never trust the Manlings."
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Returning to the topic, the team has been succesfully funded:
$5,161

Raised of $5,000 Goal
There are still 43 hours left, plenty time to get the team + the four starplayers for $100 (12 amazons + 4 starplayers):

http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net/me ... 1359317322

Congratz Palomares!