Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by fatfinley »

TheDoc wrote:Just heard the rant about Fluff and teams. You mentioned football teams (proper football - soccer) and their names.... you'd hate my teams name: Arsenal yeah that is it Arsenal 8)
I am not saying every team must meet that formula but I see more plain one name teams or horse racing team names than we ever should.

We have a team in our League called the Dol-Guldor Doombringers (Undead). After many seasons these guys in my mind are like a plague of locust coming to town, you want to run and hide your kids hoping the storm will pass. These guys could easily drop the Dol-Guldor part of there name and reek havoc all over the Old World simply as the Doombringers, and it would fit. I have told the coach he should drop the town and have these guys be a traveling force.

I want people to have fun and they can do whatever. But if your in my sandbox of Blood Bowl, I don't want to see My Fair Ladies (Amazons) vs. Green with Envy (Orc Bankers). In real life I am sure most people would buy a ticket to watch a team called that either. Going to see a game between the New Quetza Saints (Lizard) vs. Hellpit Skorpionz (Underworld) feels so much like a real life fantasy sport to me. Save the funny pun names for Horse Racing. Single mascot names have a place but should be rare and earned as they become Legendary. Sorry folks thats just how I feel.

Reason: ''
Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

That being said, next season I'll be playing my "Whores of a Different Color" which is my amazon team using different colors of lipsticks as figures and my "Chocolate Starfish" team of snotlings that will be just chocolate candies I'll be eating, but they'll all be named like "Poop fish" and "Cleaveland Steamer fish" and "#2".

I'm one classy SOB...

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Kilowog2814 wrote:That being said, next season I'll be playing my "Whores of a Different Color" which is my amazon team using different colors of lipsticks as figures and my "Chocolate Starfish" team of snotlings that will be just chocolate candies I'll be eating, but they'll all be named like "Poop fish" and "Cleaveland Steamer fish" and "#2".

I'm one classy SOB...

Just... wow.

"Never trust the Manlings."
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Winged_Human wrote:
Kilowog2814 wrote:That being said, next season I'll be playing my "Whores of a Different Color" which is my amazon team using different colors of lipsticks as figures and my "Chocolate Starfish" team of snotlings that will be just chocolate candies I'll be eating, but they'll all be named like "Poop fish" and "Cleaveland Steamer fish" and "#2".

I'm one classy SOB...

Just... wow.
We actually had a team like this in our league last season themed after a certain bodily function. To rub salt in the wound, it was a Goblin team. :(

I'm with you, fatfinley! :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

SunDevil wrote: I'm with you, fatfinley! :)
DAMN RIGHT!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 19 – Some Velvet Morning – We are in the off season of our league so what do we do? In this episode we answer that very question. We talk about our adventures at Dust Bowl in Tournament Talk, then we breakdown League Free Agents in Behind the Fluff, and in our final segment we talk with Bryan Mitchell from X-Painting! You demanded more so enjoy this long episode of tasty goodness known as Both Down!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Tournament Talk – 7:30
Behind the Fluff – Free Agents – 59:05
Home Brew – Interview with Bryan Mitchell with X-Painting – 1:24:30
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 2:09:49
Shout Outs – 2:11:58

http://BothDown.com

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Will be listening to this on a 4 hour (each way) road trip this weekend. Good timing guys!

Now if 3DB could just get the flood damage to their new studio fixed...

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

I'm sorry to hear about your flooding situation chance, I'll pray that everything gets back up and running in a timely manner for you guys.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Winged_Human wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your flooding situation chance, I'll pray that everything gets back up and running in a timely manner for you guys.
Thank you! It sure has not been timely but I think loyal listeners will enjoy the story! Things are moving forward, the show is returning!

Now back to BOTH DOWN - already in progress. :)

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Great show guys. I really like the sound of Free Agency, I'll have to try that out sometime. The interview with Xtreme was excellent. As a very average painter myself you asked a lot of questions that I was looking to get answered. Keep up the good work.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Thanks for all the feedback! Seems people are digging the free agents. That'll make Scott happy hehe.
Sucks about the studio Chance, hope things work out. If we go down to one podcast, I'll be forced to do something rash! (No idea what that'd be)

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

I actually Loved the Free Agents concept as well. the BB League closest to where I live they do something strangely similar but with entire teams, and it gets wonky sometimes.

Great interview with Extreme as well. I do NOT like painting/assembling but he had some great ideas.

Keep it up guys!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

fatfinley wrote:
TheDoc wrote:Just heard the rant about Fluff and teams. You mentioned football teams (proper football - soccer) and their names.... you'd hate my teams name: Arsenal yeah that is it Arsenal 8)
I am not saying every team must meet that formula but I see more plain one name teams or horse racing team names than we ever should.

to be fair Doc, we did use to be "The Greenwich Arsenal" and were workers who armed her Majesty's Navy.

so you could have gone old skool....

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 20 – Through the Storm – This episode takes a bid of a turn as we talk about some real life experiences with the deadly storms that rocked our home town of Moore, Oklahoma. Thank you to all the fans from across the world that were concerned about us during and after those scary moments. The first segment is non-Blood Bowl related but a re-telling of our adventures during those frightful days. During the second segment we talk about some much needed tournament etiquette in Tournament Talk. Our third segment continues the topic of Tournament Talk as we recap our exploits at ROT Cup. The episodes is a little late, but it’s extra long and definitely worth the price.

Episode Breakdown by time:

Tornado Talk – 14:20
Something Awesome! – ROT Cup Tournament – 1:09:00
Tournament Talk A – Tournament Etiquette – 1:09:15
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 1:26:49
Tournament Talk B – ROT Cup Tournament – 1:29:10
Special Surprise Segment – 2:09:55
Shout Outs – 2:20:50

http://www.BothDown.com

Or on Twitter @BothDown
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

voyagers_uk wrote:
to be fair Doc, we did use to be "The Greenwich Arsenal" and were workers who armed her Majesty's Navy.

so you could have gone old skool....
Originally they were Dial Square FC (if you go to the old Woolwich Arsenal site you can stand at the sun dial which they were named after - I used to live there), Woolwich Arsenal FC, The Arsenal, Arsenal :D Best team in North London - FACT!

Glory the Gunners!

Episode 20 - excellent something to listen to at work!