Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by Axtklinge »

Ep. 20 "Tournament Etiquette": Completely agree you you guys on the idea that every effort should be made in order to let your opponent know what's what in your team. Even if you dont know (or dont want) to paint the minis or the bases to make them easily distinguishables, there's always some cheap rubber bands, or even home made DIY coloured paper rings, to make it work for the durations of the tournie.

With that said, I still get amazed how ppl neglects these things (hopefully not on purpose), even in league games...

Thumbs up for another cool podcast!
A.

PS: Thanks for sharing the tornado experience. I take it must be a troublesome load to carry, and I hope that talking about it ends up helping, somehow.

Reason: ''
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

I didn't finish the whole episode (the long ones are tough for me to handle... that's what she said)

The tornado part was so compelling.... I'm so glad you included that in an episode and didn't opt for the "ah, its not blood bowl so no one will care". We do.

Regarding tournament etiquette... I'm so glad you talked about it. And you brought up a classic decision that I've seen many times in games from a Norse coach: Using a regular Norse model as an Ulfwerener.

This has happened against me about 4-5 times now and it sucks every time. When I think of an Ulf, I want to see a model that is bigger, or at least not looking like a normal guy. Especially when they use the berserker models... or even worse, when they have 4 berzerker models and two are ulfwerener ("What's so hard about it? I told you, the ones with the single horn are ST4 duh!") :roll:

I've ran probably 10-12 tournaments now of varying sizes and with coaches from all over with their own playing styles and it's SO difficult to play in a timed tourney setting when something like model selection/marking throws your opponent off. Intentional or not, it doesn't matter. It's a game focussed on models, and the coach with what he thinks are a cool concept models probably really are.... but playability and how an opponent views it is a different story y'know.

Compound that with tourneys with a large skill or stat upgrade pack and there is gonna be some problems.

I remember one Gencon Bowl I played against a dude with an entire team made up of this guy:

All painted the same, none marked. But yes they were numbered. Big deal.

Needless to say I lost and not because he played better or rolled better. I couldn't tell a guarding blocker from a troll slayer.

Sucks. :evil:

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

On the Tournament talk, and representing models accordingly. I've always liked how PrivateerPress handle "proxies" or moded models. and it's basically "Always carry the basic representation ofthe model you're fielding. If there's any confusion switch them out to prevent confusion."

I think this is a really awesome way to prevent things like what Johnny-P and others have discussed earlier.

Just a thought.

as for the rest of the podcast, Great job guys. I enjoyed it ALL!

"Never trust the Manlings."
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD DIRTY GINGER!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Happy Birthday mister!
:orc:

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Axtklinge wrote:Happy Birthday mister!
:orc:
Thanks!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 21 – Take Me Home Tonight – He is known as the sidekick or the Triple Nipple of Both Down, Alan makes his podcast return. Join us and Alan as we talk about his Tornado experience in the first segment. Then we return to have some Q & A time with Alan. While the third segment covers everything related to the Alan Aid charity tournament. This episode is a buffet of Alan so listen to as much as you want but listen to all you take… er..ah… or something like that. Pull up a chair, pour a glass of wine, grab your bacon crackers and give your ears a tasty gingerish treat.

Episode Breakdown by time:

Tornado Talk with Alan – 10:55
Q & A with Alan – 58:20
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 1:27:00
Alan Aid Charity Tournament – 1:29:05
Shout Outs – 1:53:30
Links to stuff mentioned in Episode 21:

Scott was wrong they were not Shogun Warriors they were Starvengers or Getter Robo G
Starvengers Images
Chaos Cup
Alan Aid

Check it out http://bothdown.com/

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Both Down Episode 22 – Leather and Lace – Back just in time to start school, in this episode we talk to Jonny P about the upcoming Chaos Cup Tournament, in our second segment we talk about the success and results of Alan Aid, and in the final segment we talk about some old school fluff with the Secret Weapons of Editions past, plus Shout Outs as always. Come enjoy your monthly dose of Blood Bowl drek provided to you by the Ginger Badgers Steve and Scott.

Tournament Talk: Chaos Cup with Jonny P – 9:15
Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 41:05
Alan Aid Recap – 43:10
Behind the Fluff – 1:16:10
Shout Outs – 1:36:15

Links to stuff mentioned in Episode 22:

Shocker Hand Gesture
Chaos Cup
Zlurpcast
Spike Tournament
Impact Miniatures
Alan Aid
Wilhelm Chaney on Facebook
Wilhelm Chaney on Twitter
Thrud Ball
Wizards Asylum
Pizza Shuttle
Glen Jacobs (Kane)

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Both Down Episode 23 – After All – Brand new and all shiny just for you! We busted out this episode early for all the travelers to enjoy on their way to Chaos Cup! In this episode we cover the “Fluff” of our teams for Chaos Cup, then we head back in the way back machine and look at Secret Weapon “Fluff” of 2nd Edition Blood Bowl, and finally we talk about the “Fluff” of the Chaos Cup. Plus Shout Outs and all other crazy banter that only the Ginger Badgers can give you. Clean out your ears and get ready to enjoy your favorite Blood Bowl podcast BOTH DOWN!

o Behind the Fluff: Secret Weapons – 19:15
o Something Cool – 35:35
o Behind the Fluff: Our Chaos Cup Teams – 36:00
o Behind the Fluff: Chaos Cup – 1:05:40
o Did You Know? with Snobb Costas – 1:17:25
o Shout Outs – 1:19:25

Links to stuff mentioned in Episode 23:
Chaos Cup
Count Gregore
Article about Count Gregore
Tribute to Count Gregore Video
Best of Count Gregore Video
Impact Miniatures
3DB
Orca-Cola Podcast
Glen Jacobs (Kane)
Southern Shrike Blood Bowl Tournament
2nd Elf Blitzer Miniature

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Nice show guys. I'm looking forward to what your newly recruited league members have to say about the random skill rolls. If I were a betting man I'd bet that they won't like them. I guess time will tell on that one. I'm also looking forward to your Chaos Cup recap. Good Luck at the tournament, I wish I could go.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Both Down is going down at Chaos Cup! ;)

Drive safe fellas - see you there!

Also, woot! We got a mention!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

At this moment... imagine "We are the Champions" by Queen...
SunDevil wrote:Both Down is going down at Chaos Cup! ;)
Now go listen to our newest episode, the Chaos Cup 2013 recap.

That's as much info as you're getting. Download or go to http://bothdown.com/ for more. ;-)

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Woot! My team is....

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Hehe awesome.
Now Scott's going to get a big head about approving or not approving teams.

Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Kilowog2814 wrote:Hehe awesome.
Now Scott's going to get a big head about approving or not approving teams.
As Scott's local franchisee (is that a word?), I have been getting that label around here. :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!