Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Steam Ball »

He explained it somewhere in the thread: easy to transport while biking.

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Yeah - my bike has actually gone missing since then, so currently I'm walking everywhere. But the point remains the same: I don't have much room to play at my place, so I have to carry the entire set of tiles and miniatures over to my friend's place whenever I want to play. So for ease of transport I want everything to be as light and compact as possible.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Here are some more Cadavers: Two Chaos Warriors and a chainsaw-wielding zombie loony.

I should be working on finishing the elf teams, but they are fiddly and these guys are much easier to paint. So they're like a treat for myself.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

ya know what? make me a chaincaw zombie like the one above and name your price.
THAT ZOMBIE WITH THE CHAINSAW IS AWSOME!!!!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Is that chainsaw made out of a Necromunda Orlock heavy bolter?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

The chainsaw is actually made of really simple parts -the main engine-body is an ork pistol turned upside down, and the saw part is just a standard ork chainsword. I tend to make slightly smaller chainsaws using the same recipe but with space marine parts, i.e. a space marine bolt pistol with a marine chainsword attached.

Bound for glory, I'm glad you like it! I don't have the needed parts lying around, but if you can get the parts yourself I'd be happy to assemble them for you gratis (along with a basic paintjob if you want).

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:(...)The room with the red spiky circle is just meant to be a normal room, but I did write some special rules for the magic circle room. The idea is that all the ten colours of magic are represented, and if a player is standing on a square that contains the colour of his college sponsors, he gets +1 ST, Stand Firm, and access to activate a once per game spell stored within the circle, which can force all the other players in the dungeon to go prone or stand up. We've only used it in one game so far but it seems to have intriguing possibilities.(...)
Nice!
Those bits of fluff (and extra rules) seem to add so much flavor to the game!

Cool chainsaw btw!
:)

Edit: You should consider grouping the pics of all the teams in one same place (for instance updating the first post), to make it easier to see all the goodies in a single spot. Just an idea.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

That's a good idea, thanks! I think you can only have four pictures per post on this board, but I agree that it would be good to have some sort of overview or summary page. I'll also definitely do a group shot of all 160 original models once I've got the last few painted.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Are you sure the limit is not about attachment creation? Your images are hosted somewhere else.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Worth checking out for sure. I will try it out and see what happens.

Edit: I stand corrected, it works. Original post updated with lots of team pictures. 8)

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i have a mountain of parts. let me know.

Rick Sanchez lives!
feeder
Experienced
Experienced
Location: Hatching a dastardly plan, like a bird with a dastardly egg.

Post by feeder »

Love those re-purposed Heroquest Chaos Warriors. Love this whole thread, in fact. :) Sigh... another project on the to-do list.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks, I am a huge fan of those chaos warriors myself... you don't get any more chaos warrior-y than that in my book.

Red_Starrise
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Red_Starrise »

So I have a question regarding your secret weapons rules and the like...

You mentioned a 0-1 secret weapons rule in team creation. So how do you handle the TV aspect of this for a league? Additionally, do bombs count? If no then is there a 0-1 etc on bombardiers?

I ask because the Blood Axes have a bombardier AND a chainsaw looney.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

I will happily explain!

The secret weapon players have a starting cost based on a lineman of the appropriate race plus a gold amount depending on the weapon and the race. So a dwarf chainsaw loony costs 70k + 20k for the weapon, for example. Because they cost more, they add to the team rating through their increased cost.

One of the rules I really like about secret weapons is "confiscation", where if the player is sent off, on a D6 roll of a 6 the weapon is confiscated too. To get it back, the team has to pay the separate weapon cost again, i.e. 20k in the example above, and can't use the player again until they do.

The Blood Axes are actually only meant to have a bomber. Perhaps the problem is that I used the same base model (with different colour schemes) as a blitzer on the Axes team and as a chainsaw loony on the Grey Shadows team? If not, then let me know where you see the Axe chainsaw guy.