Custom Pitches - US$24 delivered Worldwide

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: Custom Pitches - US$24 delivered Worldwide

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi all!

Latest deal is $27 including shipping - this offer runs until 1st September! MDWEEK10

Has anyone else tried out the pitches yet? We had some made with our local league logo - and I appreciate that I've been a bit slack in taking pictures of the latest versions up close and in action, so I'll get on to that over the next week or two.

If you've considered ordering one of these to try it out - please share, what's stopped you? It would be really helpful to hear what in particular has prevented orders being finalised. Obviously I'm delighted with them, and they've gone down a treat in the WBBL, but that review will look a little biased from where you guys are sitting, I'm sure :)

I'm trying to come up with a better way of getting these out there, as I'm convinced they're an ideal solution as a board and price really well. That will effectively mean expanding the range to include the sevens and streetbowl sizes, and possibly a dreadball version too; and finding a smarter way of adding in custom logos and changing between colours on the pitch. But before I do all that, I'd really appreciate hearing what's stopped the enthusiasm in this thread turning into orders :)

Cheers in advance!

Steve

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

I got mine and it seems just fine material-wise. A bit more abrasive than the rubber mat material I used to make 2 pitches a couple of years ago but that's minor considering the artwork one can print in it.

I had to re-work my lava field because the result was to dark in the end. Have another background set and may do it in the next couple of weeks.

One thing though: can you mail me files for the pitch lines + square markers? That our make a field without coloured endzones - I really hate having the endzones with colours!

Let me know if you want more backgrounds as I may have some free time this week!

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Once I am organised I will strike! I would just be after some generic pitches, without my toys with me in Tanzania I can't remember what my team logo's are.

Given the material is grass the only sensible look?

Supercollider
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Supercollider »

I was inspired by your work and made this pitch using the same doormat:

I used some images I found on the net a few years back as the basis for the artwork, a flowery BB pitch. I really like the texture of the material, and the color is a more natural green than the photo shows. So all in all, highly recommended.

Thanks for the tip!

bronzedragon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bronzedragon »

Shteve0 wrote:<snip>
If you've considered ordering one of these to try it out - please share, what's stopped you? It would be really helpful to hear what in particular has prevented orders being finalised. <snip>
Cheers in advance!

Steve
Two things. I'm waiting on next payday. Hopefully I can find a logo for the middle of the field.

Wish I had the artistic talent to take the Vault Boy from Fallout and put him in Blood Bowl armor, or find an artistic willing to make one fairly cheap, but oh well. I've got time to keep searching for something that jumps out to me.

Eric

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wirelizard »

Shteve0 wrote:Hi all!
If you've considered ordering one of these to try it out - please share, what's stopped you? It would be really helpful to hear what in particular has prevented orders being finalised. Obviously I'm delighted with them, and they've gone down a treat in the WBBL, but that review will look a little biased from where you guys are sitting, I'm sure :)
I'd probably order one except I just (like two days ago) put the finishing touches on my own homemade felt pitch, so mostly bad timing!

I did put the link (and the latest discount code) up on our local BB League's private Facebook group earlier today, for whatever that's worth - another few eyeballs at least.

Have you looked into the 24" x 4" small bar mat or one of the other bar/place mats as the basis for a set of dugouts and trackers? A double set that the end user just cuts in half might work, depending what the actual mats are made of - I wish Artscow had more photos of the actual products instead of just mockups!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. On the basis of the responses here, I've started to pull together a webstore. Offering a webstore option will mean I have to intervene and work on each pitch ordered individually, so there will be a small markup necessary for each pitch, but it will allow for many more options than the default store allows.

In the meantime, bronzedragon...

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
bronzedragon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bronzedragon »

Shteve0 wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. On the basis of the responses here, I've started to pull together a webstore. Offering a webstore option will mean I have to intervene and work on each pitch ordered individually, so there will be a small markup necessary for each pitch, but it will allow for many more options than the default store allows.

In the meantime, bronzedragon...

That's an awesome version of Vault Boy. Very close to what is in my head. In my head, it's more of an action pose like the cover of the old Star Players book from back in the day, or the box of the video game with the human and orc. But that is still cool. Thanks. Let me know if that ends up in the webstore.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Ok, so want to get one of these as a plain pitch, my internet connection though is rubbish and I can only get a good one here in Tanzania on my old smartphone at a cafe, which isn't much help.

So are the files for a straight plain jane pitch easy to sort out?

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Just ordered a regular pitch. I hope that the lava pitch will soon be available.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

what is the price now that sept.1 is gone?
i'd like to order one to give as a prize for our tourney, the mike kriger memorial cup.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

When will the lava pitch be available and I see in your first post that you got nice dugouts and scattertemplate at the side.

How can we do these?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Sorry guys, seem to have dropped a couple of balls here.

John, PM me about the MKMC. I'd love to help sort something out for your event.

To all others - something exciting is in the pipeline. Hope to have an update soon... looking at options with an artist friend after chatting it through at a tourney last weekend. Watch this space!

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Back from Tanzania, so would love to get a housemat pitch :) So the effect is like tough grass?

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

pm sent.

Rick Sanchez lives!