goldbaek's blog: minis, painting and other ff-related stuff

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Re: goldbaek's blog: minis, painting and other ff-related st

Post by goldbaek »

Wirelizard wrote:Like the use of the Bones figure, especially the Tomb Guardian/Stone Golem. I've been eyeing up the Bones line (and the Bones II expansion that's due end of this year) and there's quite a lot of good stuff for BB there already and a lot more coming when Bones II lands!

Are your Tomb Guardians on a 25mm or 30mm base?
+1 on the Bones models!

They're actually on 40mm bases while the rest of the team will be on 30mm bases. The 40mm is measured at the bottom of the base - and the top (where the model is attached) is 30-32mm. The same of course goes for the 30mm bases.

To be honest, I do think that the 40mm bases are a bit too large for a standard size field but these huge models look ridiculous on 30mm bases... This is often a problem I encounter when using round lipped bases instead of "normal" bases: It looks cool but they require some extra work and they're often a bit too large for use on standard size fields.

Reason: ''
goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

Blood for the Blood God!

And without further ado, I present: My GW 3ed Chaos team (which I began painting way back in February...) with a GW 2ed Minotard.

jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

goldbaek wrote:
jonno wrote:Nice! So that's done with Dip?
Thanks! But nope. No dipping has been used on this model. All green and red colors have been applied using several layers of Green or Red Ink from Army Painter. The rest of the colors are btw also from AP as well as the Inks used to create shading.
I've been meaning to ask you. So you just applied the Green and Red ink directly on a white base coat? No use of AP layerpaints?

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

jonno wrote:
goldbaek wrote:
jonno wrote:Nice! So that's done with Dip?
Thanks! But nope. No dipping has been used on this model. All green and red colors have been applied using several layers of Green or Red Ink from Army Painter. The rest of the colors are btw also from AP as well as the Inks used to create shading.
I've been meaning to ask you. So you just applied the Green and Red ink directly on a white base coat? No use of AP layerpaints?
Yes, that is correct. A white basecoat followed by 2 layers of green ink. Then some white touch-up before painting 2 layers of red ink (if there is any green paint on areas where the red ink is to be applied). And then skin, hair, base etc. using normal layer paints.

jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

I've been meaning to ask you. So you just applied the Green and Red ink directly on a white base coat? No use of AP layerpaints?[/quote]
Yes, that is correct. A white basecoat followed by 2 layers of green ink. Then some white touch-up before painting 2 layers of red ink (if there is any green paint on areas where the red ink is to be applied). And then skin, hair, base etc. using normal layer paints.[/quote]

Cheers. I'll have to try that. Looks great.

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

Wood for the Wood God!

So. I am finally able to show you my painted Woodies team which only consists of GW 2ed minis. I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out so I'm counting on using them at a lot of future tourneys! ;)

jonno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jonno »

Looks great!

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

To be honest I haven't painted these models myself, but I wanted to show them off anyways ;)

I've been a 49'ers fan for many years and I wanted to pay tribute to them by having a Human team painted in their colors. So I had this team painted by Axia-Fish and believe me, they look even better in real life!

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

Once again I'm going to show off some minis that I haven't painted myself. This time it's my newly painted Skaven team, 'Warped In Stone', and once again they're painted by axia. Love 'em!

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

It's been almost a year to the day that I started painting my Khemri team. But now I can finally say that they are finished. Complete. Another fully painted team. Woohoo!!!

The team consists of 4 Tomb Guardians (Stone Golems from Reaper's Bone range), 2 Thro-Ras, 2 Blit-Ras and 5 Skeletons - all the latter from Willy's Egyptian Undead range. Actually, one of the skellies is a Star Player (Humerus Carpal, I think) but he's probably going to be used as a normal skeleton in most matches.

Every single model is pinned on 'Paved Dungeon' resin bases from Tiny Worlds Wargaming - the TG's on 40mm and the rest of the team on 30mm. I wouldn't recommend using 40mm bases on any of your models as they are way too big for a normal sized playing field but the Golems are just so huge that they looked really ridiculous on 30mm bases...

And now for some pics - starting with the group mug shot:

The 4 Tomb Guardians:

The 2 Thro-Ras (dog-faced) and 2 Blitz-Ras (eagle-faced):

The 5 Skeletons including the Star Player (far left):

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

They look great - Hope to play them soon.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

goldbaek wrote:Every single model is pinned on 'Paved Dungeon' resin bases from Tiny Worlds Wargaming - the TG's on 40mm and the rest of the team on 30mm. I wouldn't recommend using 40mm bases on any of your models as they are way too big for a normal sized playing field but the Golems are just so huge that they looked really ridiculous on 30mm bases...
25 and 30 mm classic edge bases should had been fine. Measure the usable dimension of round edge.

axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Honoured to be in your collection :D