Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Both Down Newest info!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Jonny_P wrote:To be fair, I would have replied "How would I know?" to a question posed to me about any of the other Blood Bowl podcasts. I haven't had a long enough commute to let me listen to podcasts in awhile. And when I do have time, it's usually not BB shows I listen to.

I don't believe I ripped on the OCC at all, but if I did, I'm sorry.

I honestly can't go back and listen to verify because Tim/Peter's voice hurts my ears. :smoking:
(Cough) Mantic fanboy (cough)

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by TlawsonTim »

fatfinley wrote:
TlawsonTim wrote:HAHA, Good I am glad my voice hurts your ears, that's what you get for forgetting my name!

Although it seems like Pete is growing in the community, so I give you full props for that.
Pete when your done with her I get a turn right? We are still sharing?
Of course we are, ask her to do the thing it blew my mind!

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Xanderv wrote:So I listened to Both Down's version but I can only assume that the other ones were identical. I tuned in expecting to laugh at the potential chaos of having the other 5 podcasts at once in the same room...and I did just that until the final segment where my smile quickly turned upside down.

I'm honestly not sure what the purpose was. Satisfy your egos? You clearly weren't going to use our podcast as a means to make your game fun. It was to shit all over us for no apparent reason. Part of me wants to think it was just to poke fun at the OCC because we weren't there, but that clearly wasn't the case. When it dragged on, it became less and less the case.

We'd have liked to think BB podcasting mirrors its community of being welcoming and stuff, but yeah, we're not part of the clique so Duck us, obviously.

My favourite part was when Chance gave a correct answer and everybody ridiculed him for listening to us, then laughing at our guest (and friend) and calling him a hippie moron. Classy. I don't give a crap if you were drunk, you made a decision when you decided to keep that in, and for that I say...absolutely nothing, because honestly I doubt it's worth it. The whole thing lasted what, a good 10 minutes? I got that we sucked after the first 2, y'know.

So thanks to those of you who at least didn't pile on, so to speak. And don't worry, I'm not bringing any of that up on any of our episodes ever. :roll:

And no, I didn't create this account for this reply. I'm a frequent reader of these forums. I just felt this warranted my first reply.
The crowd was thrilled I knew the answer, they obviously listen to OCC as well. I was still shaking my head at getting the question right, but not getting it 'right' that I missed a lot of the following comments. I certainly hope that I did not add any offending comments.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

SunDevil wrote: The crowd was thrilled I knew the answer, they obviously listen to OCC as well. I was still shaking my head at getting the question right, but not getting it 'right' that I missed a lot of the following comments. I certainly hope that I did not add any offending comments.
I knew the answer too, just took me a while to get it through my mush head to my mouth. Listening to the podcast I was thinking I must have been pretty sloshed out to not hear your answer and just repeat. LOL.

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Xanderv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xanderv »

Well, honestly I didn't expect to get that reaction from you guys, I appreciate it. Holding grudges is probably a lot more stupid than what you did anyway. I think Siggy nailed it right on the head when he said that he should have sent us the file beforehand. We probably would have never had this conversation.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad I voiced my thoughts because it allowed me to kinda sorta get your side of the story and put it more in context. Thanks for taking the time to explain things, it shows that you at least understand how we felt somewhat. At the end of the day we're just people who put in a lot of work for a smallish audience and no pay whatsoever, talking about a game we love. I think we have a lot more to gain by being friendly with each other, even if we're not necessarily fans of all the other shows (which was made rather obvious by the showdown!!) :orc:

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

I think the only people who don't like you are the Canadians... and really... they don't even like themselves...

Big hugs all around!!!!!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

fatfinley wrote:
SunDevil wrote: The crowd was thrilled I knew the answer, they obviously listen to OCC as well. I was still shaking my head at getting the question right, but not getting it 'right' that I missed a lot of the following comments. I certainly hope that I did not add any offending comments.
I knew the answer too, just took me a while to get it through my mush head to my mouth. Listening to the podcast I was thinking I must have been pretty sloshed out to not hear your answer and just repeat. LOL.
I still say 3DB should have gotten 50 points for my answer! If you actually knew it, then you should get bonus points as well! :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

He said he was joking about the hundred points.
There ain't nobody gonna beat us boyo!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

Kilowog2814 wrote:I think the only people who don't like you are the Canadians... and really... they don't even like themselves...

Big hugs all around!!!!!

There have been alot of miss quotes here, I never said we didn't like your cast no one did, I believe the quote was as follows " How would I ____ Know, no one listens" I am not going to appologize for this or anythign else that was said, you listened to the full cast I slammed our own cast just as much, if not more.

Kikurasis listens to your cast on a regular basis and he would have been able to answer the question, I however no longer do, for a few reasons the first and foremost would be that I hate the Cyanide game, the others are personal and I won't air my dirty laundry here.

Yes shots were taken at your cast it wasn't personal no one called out you or your co-host, and trust me you could easily bring it up and take shots at Pitch Invasion and I guarantee we would laugh. Heck Zlurpcast couldn't remember my name in two of their episodes and I've played against Xtreme online, I don't really care that they don't but it did give me some ammo to poke some fun at them.

I've listened to the other casts, and Kik and I have been called drunks and I've been called worse I am sure, but I don't let it bother me to this degree as it’s all in jokes and even if it’s not, so be it. I was a dick on the show I am aware of that but I would hope that the other 6 podcasters know that I was just bustin some chops, as I would expect them to do to us and they did. And I'll put it out there that what jokes we made were light as you were not there to defend yourself had you been there the ribbing would have been a lot thicker from me at least.

At the end of the day you know and the community knows that people listen to you, or else the question would never have come up.

Sorry for the rant (I am not drunk for the record) :lol:

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Kilowog2814 wrote:He said he was joking about the hundred points.
He said it, it counts! :)

If Prime actually knew the last answer, then we both get the bonus but we were second with the points we should have had!

That is the way I will always remember it. :)

TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

SunDevil wrote:
Kilowog2814 wrote:He said he was joking about the hundred points.
He said it, it counts! :)

If Prime actually knew the last answer, then we both get the bonus but we were second with the points we should have had!

That is the way I will always remember it. :)

I heard Chance give the right answer he was robbed, Will give you the points but it's Canadian points which is worth 1/3 of the US points I think.

Xanderv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xanderv »

TlawsonTim wrote:
Kilowog2814 wrote:I think the only people who don't like you are the Canadians... and really... they don't even like themselves...

Big hugs all around!!!!!

There have been alot of miss quotes here, I never said we didn't like your cast no one did, I believe the quote was as follows " How would I ____ Know, no one listens" I am not going to appologize for this or anythign else that was said, you listened to the full cast I slammed our own cast just as much, if not more.

Kikurasis listens to your cast on a regular basis and he would have been able to answer the question, I however no longer do, for a few reasons the first and foremost would be that I hate the Cyanide game, the others are personal and I won't air my dirty laundry here.

Yes shots were taken at your cast it wasn't personal no one called out you or your co-host, and trust me you could easily bring it up and take shots at Pitch Invasion and I guarantee we would laugh. Heck Zlurpcast couldn't remember my name in two of their episodes and I've played against Xtreme online, I don't really care that they don't but it did give me some ammo to poke some fun at them.

I've listened to the other casts, and Kik and I have been called drunks and I've been called worse I am sure, but I don't let it bother me to this degree as it’s all in jokes and even if it’s not, so be it. I was a dick on the show I am aware of that but I would hope that the other 6 podcasters know that I was just bustin some chops, as I would expect them to do to us and they did. And I'll put it out there that what jokes we made were light as you were not there to defend yourself had you been there the ribbing would have been a lot thicker from me at least.

At the end of the day you know and the community knows that people listen to you, or else the question would never have come up.

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I would be the first to join in on friendly name-calling. You call me a dick, I call you a drunk, whatever, it's fun. I heard lots of examples during the show. You never slammed anybody's show on that episode. Don't worry, I've listened as well. You tell me my show sucks while I'm not there, it's not fun. I work hard on it, just like you work hard on yours. So you don't care about that stuff, I do. I will never take shots at Pitch Invasion because it's not right...especially if they're not there to defend themselves and I rub it in. We're not competition, we're not stealing each other's profits by saying the other ones suck. If we stop caring, the shows stop airing, plain and simple.

Even if I thought your show sucked(I don't), I'd keep it to myself because I would have nothing to gain by saying that what you put your hard work in sucks. It's not in good fun, it's not "banter", it's not ribbing, it's not busting some chops, it's me taking a dump on what you work hard on. To me, it does nothing except making me look like a prick because I have a louder voice (aka microphone) and I bring down someone else's work with it for no purpose whatsoever. Have you ever heard us diss your show or anyone else's for that matter? Go ahead and find that in any of our episodes. I'll be waiting.

Again, agree to disagree. I like that you state that you're not going to apologize, as if I was going to force you to do it. You clearly don't know me at all.

All I know is that my opinion of Pitch Invasion hasn't changed.

TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

Xanderv wrote:
TlawsonTim wrote:

Big hugs all around!!!!!

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I would be the first to join in on friendly name-calling. You call me a dick, I call you a drunk, whatever, it's fun. I heard lots of examples during the show. You never slammed anybody's show on that episode. Don't worry, I've listened as well. You tell me my show sucks while I'm not there, it's not fun. I work hard on it, just like you work hard on yours. So you don't care about that stuff, I do. I will never take shots at Pitch Invasion because it's not right...especially if they're not there to defend themselves and I rub it in. We're not competition, we're not stealing each other's profits by saying the other ones suck. If we stop caring, the shows stop airing, plain and simple.

Even if I thought your show sucked(I don't), I'd keep it to myself because I would have nothing to gain by saying that what you put your hard work in sucks. It's not in good fun, it's not "banter", it's not ribbing, it's not busting some chops, it's me taking a dump on what you work hard on. To me, it does nothing except making me look like a prick because I have a louder voice (aka microphone) and I bring down someone else's work with it for no purpose whatsoever. Have you ever heard us diss your show or anyone else's for that matter? Go ahead and find that in any of our episodes. I'll be waiting.

Again, agree to disagree. I like that you state that you're not going to apologize, as if I was going to force you to do it. You clearly don't know me at all.

All I know is that my opinion of Pitch Invasion hasn't changed.
I never said it sucks, in fact all I said was No one listens, I am not sure where you heard me say "it sucks" please feel free to find it I'll be waiting! Xanderv I am sure your a good guy but your really going over the top for drama on this. I said no one listens, and I also said that about Both Down as its too long, I've listened to every episode they've put out.

Your right about one thing I didn't slam anyone's show not even yours. You should listen again, I think you're hearing things that were clearly not said.

Xanderv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xanderv »

Oh yeah, I really feel like turning this into a semantics debate. Not.

Steve and Scott, I'm sorry for grabbing your thread and derailing it into oblivion. I will not be commenting on this issue anymore. Let's talk some Both Down, shall we?

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Whats to come from Both Down you ask?

First up the Both Down Chaos Cup Special, then October regular episode of Both Down many cool things planned for that show (not really he is stalling).

-Scott

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015