Black Scorpion Amazons

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Black Scorpion Amazons

Post by Darkson »

Available first at Salute 15.

I like:
That they're female Norse.
They're not all in bikinis!

I don't like:
The throwers hair style and lack of helmet.
Either the lack of catcher figures or that the catchers look like linewomen (I'm guessing the running pose is meant to be a catcher).
Bloody cloaks! Seriously, who at BS has a clock fetish?

Overall don't think I'd buy them as a team but I'm tempted to pick up some linewomen figures to add to a Norse team.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Black Scorpion Amazons

Post by axia »

I really like them!

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Very nice!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i like them(yeah. bfg said he likes an amazon team that did'nt come from shadowforge :lol: ).
i think its great that they are in norse style dress. won't buy them. but not bad...

Rick Sanchez lives!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote: I like:
That they're female Norse.
They're not all in bikinis!

I don't like:
The throwers hair style and lack of helmet.
Either the lack of catcher figures or that the catchers look like linewomen (I'm guessing the running pose is meant to be a catcher).
Bloody cloaks! Seriously, who at BS has a cloak fetish?

Overall don't think I'd buy them as a team but I'm tempted to pick up some linewomen figures to add to a Norse team.

Agree with all of this, plus the sculpts themselves look to be of good quality too. I like that they are a nice mix between American Football armour and norse mythology.

One issue Amazons do seem to have is that it is always hard to tell the positionals apart. Maybe them all having the same stats transfers over to the figures?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Not really sure why you guys are having a hard time telling them apart.
Thrower- Holding football with Princess Leia hairdo
Blitzers- Cloaks
Catchers- Running pose
Linewomen- Standing around

Overall, not bad, not great. Glad they aren't in thongs and don't have EEE sized breasts.

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

fan of the linos and the catchers, capes are a tough one as dont think they fit this team's fluff and im not hot on them for BB except for gutter runners

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

mzukerman wrote:Very nice!
+1

Also, if BFG likes them then they have to be classy!

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

They're good.

Catchers needs mitts of something to help differentiate them, but otherwise, this guy is coming on in leaps and bounds as a sculptor. Considering he only releases a couple of things per year.

They fit the Warhammer fluff; Norse women in the New World. The style of dress, armour, and accoutraments really works for the theme, moreso dare I say it than the stuff Mark did for Fanatic. And they look good, decent armour, decent dress, decent proportions and good detail.

And we know they'll be affordable.

Black Scorpion are becoming really good.

Alongside these the new High Seas stuff is really nice, the missionary in particular. All of these would make decent sideline staff:

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep, their pirate stuff is continually on my "to buy" list for when we start a high seas game. Saje with their wild west range.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

I like the Norsey head-wings, though I think I'd have used them more sparingly, maybe just on one position (blitzers imo) to make that position stand out and be easily identifiable.
I'm also not a fan of the Princess Leia thrower hair, but I don't mind cloaks at all, as long as it's not on everyone (cloaked models are a little static for me though).
I also don't think the catchers are obvious as to their position. I do think the catcher models look great as blitzers, though, and could be tempted to pick up at least one to replace my current blitzer that lost a hand.
Overall, they're nice. Would like to see some painted.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

One could always do a handswap on the pointing linewoman to get a thrower model out, if the thrower model's hair isn't to taste. I like the models too and like the Black Scorpion range as a whole. I'm just wishing I had more free cash :wink:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

the helmet wings are too big for my tastes.. but overall I like them quite a bit.. wonder how easy it would be to shave them down a little..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Salute 15? Not sure what that is, but can't wait for them to be available on their website... Really like the sculpts

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Salute is the biggest wargames show in the UK. In previous years Black Scorpion add them to their website a couple of weeks after the show.