Help valuing old models?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Help valuing old models?

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys

I've got a bunch of old BB minis sat in a tray on my shelves that have been waiting for a project but I'm really torn with what to do with them. I had a couple of ideas, but figured I should check and see if I'm better off just cashing them in rather than tying up collectibles in teams I'd have to break up to sell them on later.

With that in mind; how do you go about valuing old BB models?

Here are the models in question. (Don't worry by the way - I know exactly what they all are, I don't need help on that front :) )

larger image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/746 ... 0minis.JPG

Cheers!

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
cdwat
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Help valuing old models?

Post by cdwat »

*drools*

Sorry, no idea of their value.
I would check completed ebay sales I suppose.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good thinking. Is it obvious how to go about that?

Edit: yes, apparently so. I feel a bit silly for not knowing this before. Oops, and thanks!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

I'm in the same boat, have to pull everything together and get it listed. There's some extortionate prices out there but the completed listings are best

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

I sold 14 2nd ed blood bowl haflings for £30 or so. Now the guy who bought them is listing them for £18ea!

So there may be some discrepancy between sold prices and advertised...

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

I have been looking at 1st and 2nd edition BB miniatures for quite a while to complete some of my teams. Most of the human sized ones tend to go for between US$7 and US$8 a piece. The ogre around US$15. Not sure about the halflings as I own a complete team of them already so never looked for them.

If you are willing to sell I'd be interested in the zombie and one of the 1st ed. humans you have there

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Make a Chaos dwarf team with the dwarves as blockers and the man-sized 1st ed figures as hobgoblins.
At least, that's what I'm doing with mine

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good thinking Brage. My big idea for the chaos dwarfs was actually to use them as underworld goblins, but for that to work Id need more of them, which means it's either get rid or buy more.

Cheers Solitaire - I'll get in touch if I decide to break up the party. Thing is, selling one or two models from the 1st ed lot really means selling the whole lot, since I guess the inherent value is in having all of them...

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

The red, yellow, blue and green painted fling is worth a fortune as you well know good sir.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

If i had them and could get good money for them i would sell them, considering how poor sculpts most of them are. Then again i only played one game of Blood Bowl back in the days so are not too deep in with the knees nostagia wise, more excited by the new fantasy football stuff.
I would sell and get me some Rolljordan norse from Indiegogo right now. Unbelievable that the Succubus valkyries are going better then them, becouse of some female skin. I do think they are great sculpts and tasteful, i just mean that females draw a good crowd in this business. I guess the campaign started earlier as well.

Goldbaek is my hero
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Shame you are in New Zealand, I could do with the entire 2nd row.