Age of Sigmar

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Age of Sigmar

Post by Norse »

anyone else looking at these Khorne minis and drooling over the BB conversion possibilities... :o

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-Sigmar-Box-ENG

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep :)

Thinking the khorgorath makes a lot more sense as the big guy on the Khorne roster for one.

Have you noticed the new section on warhammer store dropdown? Aelf, Orruk... It seems all the races are being renamed bar Skaven and Daemons.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Age of Sigmar

Post by Darkson »

Easier to trademark I imagine.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Hope they change Skaven, then Fumbbl will be free!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I popped down to my local GW today and saw the models in the "flesh" and they are good sculpts. The Bloodreavers would make great marauders, pit fighters or as they have horns on their helms even beastmen for a chaos team.
The Blood warriors are ideal for a Khorne themed chaos team and just need a hand swap to remove their axes.
The Khorgorath is pretty big and his legs are really wide apart so would be a bit on the large side for a normal BB pitch.

I'm more interested in how the Sigmarines could be brought to Bloodbowl, they would provide quite a different style of play from normal humans and the legs of the flying guys could make some cool catchers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bit out of scale for a human team though:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

He said Sigmarines and "different style of play", not normal humans. It's about a new team. After Khorne and Bretonia, Fantasy Terminators want to play BB too. :orc:

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

So, the Sigmarine looks like the fantasy version of a WH40K Terminator with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield.
Judging by the picture they are too big to be converted into BB Humans :-? .

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

That looks like a 40 mm base in Darkson's picture.

Get six of them and use them as Ogres!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Steam Ball wrote:He said Sigmarines and "different style of play", not normal humans. It's about a new team. After Khorne and Bretonia, Fantasy Terminators want to play BB too. :orc:
Yep, the Sigmarines could be what the Bretonnian team should be, a real change from standard humans. Those guys scream out to be ST4 and AV9 at the very least.

I think it's pretty clear that those models were designed to appeal to 40K players as well, either to get them into the game or to use as conversions. All you need to do is add a few guns and you have some great looking assault marines and terminators as well as a good chaplain or standard bearer model. I could see them being very popular for Blood Angel armies.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Dice head games have the starter set for $100 incl shipping. So I'll buy a box and then probably sell on the Sigmarites (either here or on eBay).

I do want to say I think this is the first reasonably priced set I have seen from GW in a long time. You get a LOT of very nice minis in the starter set, it's nice to see they are becoming more competitive again. Here's hoping it lasts, especially if this quality is indicative of future releases.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

gotta say, those look pretty nice.
but if i'm gonna spend $100 on miniatures, i'll just give said $100 to willy or fabio and cut out the middle man.
my converting skills just ar'nt that good... :(

Rick Sanchez lives!
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

All those new models, Sigmarite and Chaos alike, totally look like Space Marines to me :-?

I guess that's what the target audience wants; Space Marines and more Space Marines. :?:

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Had a look at the rules of the game - they seem to be a "Friday afternoon in Bugmans" type of effort. Not impressed - and I'm very glad that I stopped playing WFB and $40k years ago.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

howlinggriffon wrote: Not impressed - and I'm very glad that I stopped playing WFB and $40k years ago.
+1, used to love WHFB and WH40K but both of them lost their appeal over time.