Norse/Human Spartan Team Indiegogo

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Norse/Human Spartan Team Indiegogo

Post by Arclight »

Hey all,
Just came across this campaign on Indiegogo. Spartans themed Norse or Human teams. Thought I'd share.
I'm not sure if I like them or love them. Great facial expressions. Straight from the movie 300. Enjoy.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/spar ... res#/story

Cheers,
-Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
shuran31
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Norse/Human Spartan Team Indiegogo

Post by shuran31 »

They could have been great without the shield...

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Funny, but it isn't the shields that bother me. I noticed it says that they are going to be a "tall" 32 instead of the "normal" 28. I'm not a fan of minis of that scale. Oh well. I like the theme, but they will be too big for my tastes.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

they look like superhero's.
good luck, but i'll pass.

Rick Sanchez lives!
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

It's a neat concept but they're just too damn BIG! :o

Seriously, why does stuff seem to be getting bigger? We can have super detailed minis at the 28mm scale, too. The Iron Golems Dwarves proves it.

It's just not my cup of tea to have some teams look like giants compared to other ones..... :-? :-? (my opinion of course)

Winning... it beats losing.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

agreed with the azman. i like the 2nd ed scale.
imo, that should be the scale figure designers go by. just don't like seeing, say, halflings the size of dwarves, or dwarves that are nearly as tall as 2nd edition humans.
something, again in my opinion, is wrong with "heroic 28mm".

Rick Sanchez lives!
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

bound for glory wrote: something, again in my opinion, is wrong with "heroic 28mm".
That the wording is misused. Or so abused that it lost meaning. Just because someone says "heroic 28mm" does not mean the thing is that (or from the opposite point of view, nobody agrees what the hell it means... well, heroic normally means big head and hands... until someone decides against). At least in this case, they say the models are "on a 32mm scale" (and the hands and head look realistically proportionate).

And even so, the first still applies; because they say "32mm" does not make them whatever-32mm-means-for-somebody. Pictures of the masters (no, computer renders are not valid, I have seen too many digital canard-ups... which is pretty funny, because one of the points behind 3d printing is getting something pretty much as final product, as early as possible) with a ruler should end all the nonsense (32mm? to the eyes? the top of the head? legs appart and back bent? at the ready?). Pictures, and it will not matter what you want to call your scale, because customers will clearly see what they are getting.

</rant that applies to all brands, not picking in this project alone, it was just the one today>

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Txarli Miniatures »

Hi. I´m Carlos, from Txarli Miniatures.
I'd like to show some videos of some miniatures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dTo8Iva2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlegZowjicg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQkJM_Q5HE

Speaking scale miniatures, miniatures of this team are realistically proportioned, so the scale of 32mm think is correct.
Soon I'll put pictures to see the size that will have miniatures.
I put the link to the campaign:

http://igg.me/at/spartanteam/x/8554303

Thanks

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

They're certainly fine looking models, but for me, a regular human shouldn't be so tall he stands head and shoulders over a black orc.

Why make 32mm models for a game that is traditionally 28mm? I don't get it.

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

The 32mm scale a manner of speaking.
Simply I have given the height that I thought appropriate.
These miniatures are realistically proportioned, so can not be compared with the majority of miniatures market.
If I give them less size, the miniatures are too small in the field.
The black Orc is a very old miniature, and their proportions are greatly exaggerated. It is slightly smaller than the human, but muscle mass is more than double that human.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Txarli Miniatures wrote:The 32mm scale a manner of speaking.
It has the eyes at 33-34mm and the top of the head 35-36mm... with the leg flexed and the body to the side.

I guess I will never stop to be surprised how creative people can be with scale numbers. Unless we are talking basketball players, my guess is this could be called 36mm-to-eyes at least.
Simply I have given the height that I thought appropriate.
These miniatures are realistically proportioned, so can not be compared with the majority of miniatures market.
If I give them less size, the miniatures are too small in the field.
Head to body ratio is more towards demigod than real human.
(Yes, miniatures use "heroic" word in a different way than classic art)
The black Orc is a very old miniature, and their proportions are greatly exaggerated. It is slightly smaller than the human, but muscle mass is more than double that human.
The Black Orc is supposed to be a big, strong, orc. And the exaggerations (mostly hands, feet, head, metal plates) is what many in miniature-land understand as "heroic"; the legs are not so thick under the armor.

Not trying to be mean. Just saying "don't get surprised if people say the 32mm is the wrong label, or if others say they want miniatures more compatible with the normal board".

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

the shields don't say "blood bowl/fantasy football, either.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

Normally, more scale, more realistic proportions. However, the quality of the resin is allowing us to do more and more realistic models. And all this in increasingly smaller sizes.
The Valkyries of Sukubus Studio for example, have used the 32mm scale and some measures similar to the Spartans, because his Sukubus team looks small in the field.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

The team looks great but I guess I am old school, too, since I think their scale is too large regardless of what you call it. :o