Help I've lost the will to .....paint!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grimthorn
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Help I've lost the will to .....paint!

Post by Grimthorn »

Regash wrote:Just a question: Do you just have no motivation to grab some brushes or do you just sit there having no idea what to paint your teams like?
Maybe your lack of motivation is caused by a lack of inspiration?
I really have the motivation, as I spend all night driving, I spend a lot of the time thinking of what I'm going to paint and how and when, but when it comes to sitting down and painting I just seem to find something else to do (normally watching reruns of Top gear).
I need to get my team done as I have a tournament coming up soon, and the only thing I have painted is the Treeman.

Reason: ''
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

That sounds perfect! Watch re-runs of top gear AS you paint!

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

Aside from all the other good advice I find a couple of things help;

Pick a miniature from the team you like and paint it until it is finished and you are happy with the look before starting on the others. Once you have one finished I find it best to paint in small batches rather than trying to paint the skin on 15 miniatures, then the armour etc. This way the team starts to take shape quickly, with some degree of consistency, and helps keep you motivated.

Persevere if you are not happy, sometimes it's good to stop when you are happy with how it's developing so you feel excited about coming back rather than daunted.