Age of Sigmar

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Re: Age of Sigmar

Post by Norse »

I have zero interest in playing the game, just converting the minis for BB :smoking:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

The Age of Sigmar minis look like they should be used for WH40K, not Warhammer Fantasy.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

MattDakka wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote: Not impressed - and I'm very glad that I stopped playing WFB and $40k years ago.
+1, used to love WHFB and WH40K but both of them lost their appeal over time.
+2, I have no idea how I managed to afford to play Fantasy (and a little 40k) in High School and College. It was fun, but the cost-to-fun ratio is terrible compared to basically any other game. Such as Blood Bowl ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

MattDakka wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote: Not impressed - and I'm very glad that I stopped playing WFB and $40k years ago.
+1, used to love WHFB and WH40K but both of them lost their appeal over time.
Well, I just play them with my mates totally independently from GW policies.

That was precisely that everyone should do from now, guess. :roll:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Like them or loathe them, like Age of Sigmar or loathe it, gotta give GW credit for rolling the dice and living with it.
Beasts of War wrote:Warhammer World and Games Workshop HQ gets a new statue. The age old Space Marine has been replaced by a Liberator from Age of Sigmar...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

:P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Darkson wrote:Like them or loathe them, like Age of Sigmar or loathe it, gotta give GW credit for rolling the dice and living with it.
Beasts of War wrote:Warhammer World and Games Workshop HQ gets a new statue. The age old Space Marine has been replaced by a Liberator from Age of Sigmar...
They've replaced the Aquila off the wall too

Shepherd for the Wales team
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Saw the models Sunday. They are big, bigger than Willey size I think :)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

They're bigger than your willy?? Too much info buddy (and kinda feel sorry for you). :P :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As much as I like BoLS, I am not a fan at all of their YouTube 'reviews'. That said.... AoS run through here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqunT2T6a94

[snip]
and the bizarre way that the models are cut for the sprues (shoulders and head one piece, front of body one piece, head and back one piece on another model....), it seems like GW are really no longer encouraging conversions. This would be a massive change, as GW always made a big deal about extra parts, poseable kits, variety and options, customisation, etc. But with AoS it seems that the models only go together one way, are not cross compatible with other minis, and actually need to be restricted to the stock poses for the rules to work.

Personally, this might be the biggest change that AoS brings to the table.... and the one that I like the least.
Haven't watched the video myself, as I've no interest in AoS and I'm trying to stop buying any more figures until I've done something with some of the ones I have, but if that's correct it would be a big downer on the minimal reason lots have had for buying them.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I wouldn't be surprised if there were not some more detailed Sigmarines coming in the not too distant future. Their other starter sets were in largely monopose positions and converting was difficult. I suspect in part to make it easy for beginners to assemble them as well as being easier to cast.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

spubbbba wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there were not some more detailed Sigmarines coming in the not too distant future. Their other starter sets were in largely monopose positions and converting was difficult. I suspect in part to make it easy for beginners to assemble them as well as being easier to cast.
This. I wouldn't read to much into it at this stage.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I'm a pretty reasonable converter and kit-basher, so I'm not too concerned. I preordered today, will keep you all posted with my findings.

Looks like I'm going to have to try to find a way to like that God awful Khorne roster now... :roll: :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/gw ... tions.html
"GW had a guy camped out at the Forge World open day whos entire job was to answer questions and talk to people about Age of Sigmar. His entire job is to go to shows and talk to people about the new game. For the first time I think ever they're taking Age of Sigmar to Gencon, Comic Con, all the major wargames conventions in Europe etc. They're throwing a considerable amount of money at putting this in front of new audiences who have never played fantasy before. He was also brutally honest and didn't dodge any questions and answered everything he could. I'll start with the negative stuff first.

This is it. There categorically will not be a '9th' edition of fantasy. Age of Sigmar is the only thing fantasy related GW will do for the considerable future.

He acknowledges that the 'funny' rules are rather silly and don't make for a great intro to the system for new people. His response was that the armies in the box set don't have the silly rules. They're there as kind of a celebration and final send off of the old warhammer armies, and he said you might notice the new armies don't have the stupid noises or imaginary friends. This is deliberate, its designed that you'll only generally play the old stuff with your mates since it's a bit embarassing to play in a public place.

The new races will look different to the old ones. Ooruks will not look the same as the orcs we currently have. As such, when they get round to releasing Ooruks, the old models will cease production. He did say that you can still use your old models as ooruks, but you won't be able to buy normal orc boys again.
There will never be points values.

On to the slightly positive stuff then.
They are going to fully support all modes of play, and will be releasing rules to balance armies against each other. There will be narrative campaigns where your forces are picked for you for specific missions, and there will be a system for tournament players to balance lists that isn't based on model count. He did not know the specifics of this, but said it is definitely coming.
The rules will always be free. He said that they are very very aware that fantasy had a massive buy in for someone to get started, as such the game was designed with the ability to play it with one box of models. There will be army books, but every rule in them will be available, for free, online. The books will just have extra background info and scenarios.

GW really are trying harder than they ever have before to make this work. If you're at one of the shows go and talk to them. They want to talk to you about this, but especially they want your feedback on it. As he said, this is totally uncharted territory for them and they are totally open to rules revisions as they go.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Mantic having a bigger laugh...

From the Mantic blog

>>>>>>>>>

Kings of War Foreword by… Rick Priestley(!)

With the Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook now with the printers, we were honoured that the legendary Rick Priestley – creator of the original Warhammer Fantasy Battle Game – agreed to write an foreword to the book for us.

Here are a few extracts:

“When asked to write these few introductory words I hardly expected to find myself writing the foreword to what is undoubtedly now the most popular mass-battle fantasy game on the market!”

“Many converts have found themselves won over by a mixture of solid game play, straight-forward but elegant mechanics, and an approach to development that plainly puts the player first.”

“Well done especially to its creator and designer Alessio Cavatore. I have worked together with Alessio on many gaming projects over the years, both historical and fantasy, and have always appreciated his clear and focussed approach to game design, instinct for uncluttered rules, and – most of all – boundless and unquenchable enthusiasm for games and gaming.”